Carlos Correa is a Twin - 6 yrs $200M

Sleepy Harold

• Kyyle23 changed the title to Correa to Mets - 12yrs 315M
50 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Continue starting him at 2B? Correa is going to 3B. Eduardo Escobar is out of a job….and probably not good enough to warrant pursuing. 

Yep, Escobar is definitely the odd man out and with $10M guaranteed remaining on his contract I think they’ll move him rather than keep him as a utility guy. Good fit for the Sox if they can snag a prospect like Baty too, who is also blocked.

18 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yep, Escobar is definitely the odd man out and with $10M guaranteed remaining on his contract I think they’ll move him rather than keep him as a utility guy. Good fit for the Sox if they can snag a prospect like Baty too, who is also blocked.

It’s the Mets and they will clearly do anything to win a WS so very possible they would trade Baty…but I wouldn’t call him “blocked” either. He has already played some LF and pretty much every scouting report thinks he has enough athleticism to be fine there. Mets LF is Canha who’s on the last year of his deal so it makes sense for Baty to get more time in LF at AAA this year. Plus the Mets have Vogelbach at DH who could easily have another bad season. 

54 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Makes no sense that the best defensive ss in the game is moving to 3rd base. That zaps a decent amount of correa value. 

This Mets team is going to be a disaster imo.

I don't understand it myself. Other than Cohen flexing on other owners, this looks like a confusing construct. Would have been better off signing Rodon IMHO

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Correa to...ah hell, who knows