Carlos Correa is a Twin - 6 yrs $200M

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, Quin said:

He lost $350M in total negotiations and $85M from the Twins. 7 years got lopped off his contract.

The physical maybe mostly complete, but something is still clearly wrong.

I can only laugh at Correa losing out on a ton of money, but the fact that he's on the Twins for the next 6 years doesn't make it so funny. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The only reason the Twins offered $200M a month after offering $280M is because their competition started dropping out. They already knew the medicals. They already know about the ankle. They saved $80M a month later because other teams got scared. What a slam dunk outcome for them.

Why couldn't Manny Machado have a bum ankle? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm not sure I fully understand the logic behind "wow, the Twins are lucky Correa's medical risk profile turned out to be serious enough to scare multiple other teams away".  I guess time will tell.  Anyway, that cheater's presence on their roster continues to be another reason to hate the Twins.

If he stays healthy it definitely sucks for the Sox.  But if there is one team I would want stuck with dead money it’s Minny, though 6 years is far less risky.  

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes but the remaining years were effectively insurance against a severe injury. If he blew out a knee or ankle last year, he would have used the second or third year. 

Correct.  But still far less risky than 6 to 10 years guaranteed, which was my point.  

27 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The only reason the Twins offered $200M a month after offering $280M is because their competition started dropping out. They already knew the medicals. They already know about the ankle. They saved $80M a month later because other teams got scared. What a slam dunk outcome for them.

The guaranteed AAV went up $5.33M tho. If Correa is largely healthy for them, this contract is a home run for them. 

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The guaranteed AAV went up $5.33M tho. If Correa is largely healthy for them, this contract is a home run for them. 

The medicals have to be something serious.  If he is not playing SS you are severely overpaying for him. 

It's a risky move for the Twins...wonder if the cubs would have jumped back in.  I also wonder if other teams asked for the physical results before negotiating. 

• Like 1

Reasonable back end to that deal for Twins...makes me confident that Boras KNOWS his ankle is hanging on a tendon and had NO opt outs. 

With all this physical history...zero chance this is getting insured as well, correct? What a devastating contract that would be if he gets hurt badly in any of the first 3 years. 

Edited by EloyJenkins