Gary Sanchez Twitter rumor

2Deep

6 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

What about the Baseball Savant stats? Those are positive too.

7 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Teams seem to value framing much higher than the general public, even fans on here. They will take great framers who allow a ton of passed balls which is a profile most fans don't like.

And what are the teams telling us about Gary Sanchez

I get the angst about anything the sox do......BUT, at this point Gary Sanchez would be very good addition to this team, if that is what happens.  He had a good year behind the plate last year and he provides power at the plate, something we severely lacked last year.  The other aspect of this is who are you going to get at the Catcher position right now that is better than Gary Sanchez? 

Don't forget Yaz hit 3 homeruns last year and basically sucked as a catcher.

Edited by 2Deep

Just now, 2Deep said:

I get the angst about anything the sox do......BUT, at this point Gary Sanchez would be very good addition to this team, if that is what happens.  He had a good year behind the plate last year and he provides power at the plate, something we severely lacked last year.  The other aspect of this is who are you going to get at the Catcher position right now that is better than Gary Sanchez? 

Are they actually going to cut Yaz or would they keep the more expensive player and cut Zavala?

14 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

IF this rumor were to be true (big if)…does that mean they know something contrary to Grandal’s back improving that we’ve been seeing? Because Seby is out of options correct? Can’t see any possibility of carrying 3 catchers

You can carry 3 catchers since Sheets provides 0 value.  Grandal just becomes the backup 1B + spot start catcher.  And if he is indeed broken, you can cut him and bring Sheets up

2 hours ago, 2Deep said:

This would be a rational move in my view. If Grandad can still walk and swing he can play some first base.

18 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You can carry 3 catchers since Sheets provides 0 value.  Grandal just becomes the backup 1B + spot start catcher.  And if he is indeed broken, you can cut him and bring Sheets up

Sheets is very likely our starting RF for the first 3-5 weeks of the season.  

I don't see the Sox adding a catcher on an MLB deal unless they can turn Seby into something very useful on the trade market.