Gary Sanchez Twitter rumor

2Deep

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No one has said this yet, so just to drop one other concept into this thread. If hypothetically this were real, this could be a step made possible with insurance money gotten back from a policy on Hendriks. 

I’d much rather they spend that money on another OF than a third catcher that is not a good catcher. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Leury

Just going by how they both hit RHP over the past few years (small samples for Marisnick) and defense I'd give Marisnick the edge over Leury but it's mostly a defensive edge. Marisnick appears to be a little faster and has a stronger arm and better fundamentals.

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No one has said this yet, so just to drop one other concept into this thread. If hypothetically this were real, this could be a step made possible with insurance money gotten back from a policy on Hendriks. 

How does that work exactly? I would assume they still owe Hendriks a portion of contract even if he is out for the season. How much money would they save if his deal is insured?

58 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

How does that work exactly? I would assume they still owe Hendriks a portion of contract even if he is out for the season. How much money would they save if his deal is insured?

I was told in Jake Peavy's case for example when he missed 1/6th of the season after that lat tear the Sox got back money based on insurance coverage but I was also told that teams keep insurance deals very close to the vest and the actual terms/ conditions are really only known to the team and insurance company. I was also told coverage on athletes contracts is very expensive. 

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I imagine the cost and deductible are huge.  Even if this deal had a cancer rider on it, they won't get back everything for sure.

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The terms are going to be up to the team and the insurer. They may insure different amounts for different things, a guy missing an entire season for cancer treatment is likely to be the kind of thing where the team might have a good chance at insuring the whole amount fairly cheaply because that isn't going to happen very often. 

Insurance of this kind would be really pricey and not 100% with all sorts of terms and exclusions. Once you actually used it your premiums would take a hit. You don't just push a button and get $20M in the mail. People here are way too casual about the topic. 

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He’s doubling down today. I don’t think he has ever been right on anything.

I've never really understood these fake insiders. Maybe you get something from someone once and you post it, and you get enough people to think youre an insider, but if you really aren't, what's the motivation? 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

If the White Sox sign a free agent while SoxTalk is down, do they actually sign them?

I'm not sure about that....I've got a message in to this Greek guy that I know and will pass it along once I get confirmation.  I do know that any trades done while SoxTalk is down are null and void.

• Hawk 1