Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

The accuser has been in contact with MLB since last summer. I hate Mike Clevinger. I hate Rick Hahn.

Why do I not rule out the possibility the White Sox knew all along, and knew he would eventually be suspended, and they wouldn't be liable for the the contract. All so they can say they tried, but s%*# happens?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Sox release him before his suspension is handed down, do they still owe him the $?  

What are you asking here? It’s a guaranteed contract and to my knowledge the only thing that is relevant is the CBA agreed upon suspension rules. Getting rid of him today costs $12 million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I wouldn't think so.

Yah, that's what I was thinking.  Therefore Sox almost certainly will wait until he's placed on un-paid administrative leave while MLB goes through their process.  

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

What are you asking here? It’s a guaranteed contract and to my knowledge the only thing that is relevant is the CBA agreed upon suspension rules. Getting rid of him today costs $12 million.

Not if he violated some clause in his contract.  Also, it’s real shitty teams weren’t told about the investigation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Ok then I guess they have to wait until he gets suspended. Hopefully he goes on Administrative Leave and is not allowed at ST. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not if he violated some clause in his contract.  Also, it’s real shitty teams weren’t told about the investigation.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The accuser has been in contact with MLB since last summer. I hate Mike Clevinger. I hate Rick Hahn.

Why do I not rule out the possibility the White Sox knew all along, and knew he would eventually be suspended, and they wouldn't be liable for the the contract. All so they can say they tried, but s%*# happens?

I wouldn't put DA's cynical hypothesis beyond the Sox. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I am asking what I asked.  Not that complicated. 

If they release him today for example, and he gets put on an un-paid administrative leave before the season and then a suspended without pay much like Bauer did, if the Sox released him before that actually occurs, does it change the un-paid nature of the suspension.  

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I'm truly not sure how much longer I can follow this team. Absolute losers all around.

I basically hate every possible aspect of this organization. I will still root for guys like Eloy and Schultz, but holy s%*# is it a joke.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'm truly not sure how much longer I can follow this team. Absolute losers all around.

I'm feeling the same way. 

Do the Sox realize they've already alienated the majority of their fanbase to a certain degree? 

Are they trying to piss off the fans so nobody cares when they move the team? 

That has always been my tin foil hat hypothesis. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3