Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not if he violated some clause in his contract.  Also, it’s real shitty teams weren’t told about the investigation.

At this point, domestic violence is a collectively bargained issue. Suspensions and fines cannot be dealt with individually outside of the domestic violence policy, it's strictly forbidden. The team can withhold salary if he's suspended or away pending an investigation. They cannot cancel his contract for domestic violence. 

http://content.mlb.com/documents/2/9/2/296982292/Major_League_Player_Joint_DV_SA_CA_Policy_English_2018.pdf

• Thanks 4

Just now, fathom said:

I basically hate every possible aspect of this organization. I will still root for guys like Eloy and Schultz, but holy s%*# is it a joke.

If they release him fine. But if they keep him if he gets suspended and let him play on this team absolutely not. I'm not rooting for a team trotting domestic abusers out there. 

• Like 1

From reading her own posts it is fairly clear he has filed or at least threatened to file a motion to take their child away from her for her drug use.  

If the Sox knew the story and chose to sign him I am pessimistically eager to hear everyone's side.  An ex should not be able to just share photos of a scratched arm, tell a few stories and take away someone's livelyhood.   

If the Sox truly just missed this whole ordeal (as per her posts) then heads should finally role in the front office.  

Edited by GREEDY

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

From reading her own posts it is fairly clear he has filed or at least threatened to file a motion to take their child away from her for her drug use.  

If the Sox knew the story and chose to sign him I am pessimistically eager to hear everyone's side.  An ex should not be able to just share photos of a scratched arm, tell a few stories and take away someone's livelyhood.   

If the Sox truly just missed this whole ordeal (as per her posts) then heads should finally role in the front office.  

How has this investigation been going on half a year?

I'm an out of state fan. I have had MLB.TV to follow the Sox since I started following baseball. I canceled my plan before the end of the season and I planned to renew after an exciting offseason and a new manager. Filling a giant leadership vacuum along with all of the other unaddressed needs is a lot to put on Andrew Benentendi. I am having a really hard time getting excited about the 2023 season. It just feels like the 2022 nightmare never ended.

I worried that this wouldn't be over until Hahn and Jerry are gone, I just hoped I would be wrong.

Edited by DashFan

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am asking what I asked.  Not that complicated. 

If they release him today for example, and he gets put on an un-paid administrative leave before the season and then a suspended without pay much like Bauer did, if the Sox released him before that actually occurs, does it change the un-paid nature of the suspension.  

Ah I got it.

If they release him today, they have bought out his entire contract. I believe these would be treated as independent actions, you would not get money back. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Ah I got it.

If they release him today, they have bought out his entire contract. I believe these would be treated as independent actions, you would not get money back. 

Thanks.  That is kind of what I figured.  Means there is next to no chance Sox actually release him before this gets sorted out. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

How has this investigation been going on half a year?

The MLB Trade rumors blurb looks like the Ex has claimed MLB has been investigating him.

If they were they had to have told the Sox when they went to sign him.

That does not jive with the report the Sox knew nothing.

I'd like to speculate that her opinion of them investigating might differ from what MLB considers investigating since the Sox apparently aren't aware.  

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I don't have the athletic anymore. Does it look like without question he is guilty? Thats what I'm seeing based on all the reactions here. 

Do you have twitter?  Search Mike Clevinger under the photos tab and the ex GF/mother of one his kids instagram screenshots show up, including pictures of the alleged injuries.  What she describes is certainly worse than what the pictures show, but obviously any sort of abuse of this nature is wholly unacceptable.  

• Like 1

I mean I don't get the reactions from earlier about those marks. It's disgusting to do that to someone. Never ever would the thought enter my head of putting my hands on my girlfriend or throwing something like that at her. What does he have to pull a Christopher in Sopranos against Adrianna to make this disgusting? 

• Like 3