Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

Just now, Heads22 said:

If the MLB has known about these allegations, either someone there fucked up or the Sox did. I wonder if the MLB could even let the Sox know?

It COULD be that MLB just didn't tell the team about the investigation.  I don't know if that is true, or if I would believe them if they said so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

If the MLB has known about these allegations, either someone there fucked up or the Sox did. I wonder if the MLB could even let the Sox know?

Maybe the case isn't strong enough against him? Everybody here is jumping to conclusions and saying release his ass. It isn't guilty until proven innocent. 

Unfortunately, the only ones that know whether he is a guilty or not are Clevinger, his ex, and @Harold's Leg Lift

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It COULD be that MLB just didn't tell the team about the investigation.  I don't know if that is true, or if I would believe them if they said so.

All it takes is one team letting a writer know they were aware of it, and the Sox are going to look even worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The sad thing is that despite the White Sox claiming ignorance here, after what they pulled in the TLR hire, I can't even give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know what was going on.  They need to do the right thing here.

Yeah, they burned all benefit of the doubt with that debacle, they get zero from me here.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you tell all the teams and then nobody signs him and then it turns out to not be true that becomes a problem.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

It’s so stupid but I bet there are rules about MLB telling teams about active investigations.  I know they don’t tell teams right away with PED failures.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s so stupid but I bet there are rules about MLB telling teams about active investigations.  I know they don’t tell teams right away with PED failures.

That’s what I’m wondering because if MLB says something, the allegations are unfounded but it prevents or hinders a contract for the player, they have a different issue on their hands. 

still does not absolve the Sox of doing due diligence 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

But in the Instagram post she said she left him after he supposedly choked her.....

Timeline questions are coming up for sure 

Definitely need more info

I was listening to the score and there was basically a no comment from Clevinger's agent. 

The fact that they didn't even issue a denial.........looks really bad. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

But in the Instagram post she said she left him after he supposedly choked her.....

Timeline questions are coming up for sure 

Definitely need more info

Don't be the person who looks to make excuses for people like this, even accidentally.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

That’s what I’m wondering because if MLB says something, the allegations are unfounded but it prevents or hinders a contract for the player, they have a different issue on their hands. 

still does not absolve the Sox of doing due diligence 

If they were ready to make a contract offer, it feels like something a thorough vetting should reveal, even if the league can't say anything officially.  The Sox not knowing, or not catching wind of this just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

7 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If you tell all the teams and then nobody signs him and then it turns out to not be true that becomes a problem.

So why can you tell the athletic that there is an investigation if you can't tell teams?

Just now, Tnetennba said:

If they were ready to make a contract offer, it feels like something a thorough vetting should reveal, even if the league can't say anything officially.  The Sox not knowing, or not catching wind of this just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I don’t think for a second the Sox would have signed him if they knew about this.  Tony and his friendship with Jerry is one thing.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

I don't know what the Sox might be on the hook for with the contract, but they can't wait around and see what the MLB investigation reveals.  He needs to be released, like today.  Sox look bad enough now for even signing the guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think for a second the Sox would have signed him if they knew about this.  Tony and his friendship with Jerry is one thing.

I want to believe this.  I really do.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but inaction moving forward will look really bad.

Just now, hogan873 said:

I don't know what the Sox might be on the hook for with the contract, but they can't wait around and see what the MLB investigation reveals.  He needs to be released, like today.  Sox look bad enough now for even signing the guy.

Some have said that this stuff is collectively bargained and they're bound by that. 

They might have to let the process play out.