Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

From a baseball perspective, Sox have some serious work to do on the SP side.  We only had 6 realistic SP to begin with, and #6 wasn't someone you really wanted to rely on.

Going to need to find a new 5th SP, a couple other depth options in a hurry.  

Prepare yourself for a NRI 5th starter...

Everyone is quick to blame the Sox front office for this...I think the bigger picture here is how awful the MLB truly is. Bauer process played out awful, nearly 2 decades of steroids mishandling, Astros getting a hand slap for admitted cheating – why do any of us love this sport ran by either morons or just plain greed? Gosh I hate this scenario, MLB, the White Sox and MOST importantly that piece of trash human if he is indeed guilty of any allegation here (he is).  

Edited by EloyJenkins

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This. Why is it so egregious to give somebody their due process before saying he is guilty? Remember what happened to Patrick Kane?

Due process pertains to trial in court. My employer can easily and rightfully retain the right to dump me based on what we are seeing so far on Clevinger. You want an athlete to have special advantages. Which they do. But don’t confuse court with real life outside of  a courtroom

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Interestingly, some were advocating acquiring Bauer. Wonder if they want both.

The White Sox try to sell themselves as a family friendly team. Moreso than probably any other professional team in town. Yet they have traded for wife beaters Meyers., signed multiiple wife beaters now. Remember Wil Cordero?, had a 2 time DUI guy manage the team...It's really pathetic. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Due process pertains to trial in court. My employer can easily and rightfully retain the right to dump me based on what we are seeing so far on Clevinger. You want an athlete to have special advantages. Which they do. But don’t confuse court with real life.

There's a union and a CBA so it's much more like a legal proceeding than in most jobs.

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Everyone is quick to blame the Sox front office for this...I think the bigger picture here is how awful the MLB truly is. Bauer process played out awful, nearly 2 decades of steroids mishandling, Astros getting a hand slap for admitted cheating....why do any of us love this sport ran by either morons or just plain greed. Gosh I hate this scenario, MLB, the White Sox and MOST importantly that piece of trash human if he is indeed guilty of any allegation here. 

Whether you want to technically blame the White Sox front office or not, they did choose incorrectly. Again.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly why victims are afraid to report.  THEY get put on trail instead of the actual criminals.  False reporting is such a small sliver of reports, and of those, people who are willing to report are also a small fraction of those who are abused.

This post shows exactly how little you know about this topic.  Victims should be put on trial in regard to the facts and the allegations (not they themselves).  In the same way witnesses to murders are.  You aren't throwing out an allegation you are ruining a man's life.  The burden of proof is on the accuser for a reason in the court of law and should be in the court of public opinion as well.  If true then he will get what he deserves but there are numerous incidents of false allegations related to famous people and not famous people.  It happens a s%*# ton more than people want to believe 

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

At the very least you need to quickly suspend him pending the results of the investigation, even if it is with pay.

No Doubt. After the Tony debacle with the DUI you have to. Just to save face

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Remember, the White Sox traded for a wife beater once. Someone who was seen doing it by several witnesses on the streets of Boston.

Not only this, but someone from the Boston FO had gone down to the field as soon as the last game of the season was over and told this guy he was gone. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough, but he ended up on the White Sox.

I don't know what the White Sox knew or didn't know.  On a far less serious note, Adam LaRouche used to have his son hanging around when he was on the Nationals. The Sox signed him anyway and then finally had to address the problem.

Everybody has a right to have their day in court. I think the investigation needs to go on before the Sox do anything. But if it ends up that the evidence points to his guilt, the FO can't sit on its hands.

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I gotta say America loves drama, look at all the Sox fans currently commenting on this topic, while the Eloy to RF story has no one viewing.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 2.44.12 PM.png

Yes, a player committing crimes is going get some attention.  I am not sure why this would surprise you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

There's a union and a CBA so it's much more like a legal proceeding than in most jobs.

There is an added layer of protection for athletes’s contracts. No doubt. And Im not sure what the burden of “proof” on moral clauses is there.  But Clevinger can be dumped from the roster without that much interference. 

2 minutes ago, Highland said:

Not only this, but someone from the Boston FO had gone down to the field as soon as the last game of the season was over and told this guy he was gone. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough, but he ended up on the White Sox.

I don't know what the White Sox knew or didn't know.  On a far less serious note, Adam LaRouche used to have his son hanging around when he was on the Nationals. The Sox signed him anyway and then finally had to address the problem.

Everybody has a right to have their day in court. I think the investigation needs to go on before the Sox do anything. But if it ends up that the evidence points to his guilt, the FO can't sit on its hands.

Refresh my memory who was the wife beater from Boston. Can't recall

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

This post shows exactly how little you know about this topic.  Victims should be put on trial in regard to the facts and the allegations (not they themselves).  In the same way witnesses to murders are.  You aren't throwing out an allegation you are ruining a man's life.  The burden of proof is on the accuser for a reason in the court of law and should be in the court of public opinion as well.  If true then he will get what he deserves but there are numerous incidents of false allegations related to famous people and not famous people.  It happens a s%*# ton more than people want to believe 

Right.  I am not worried about the abuser here.  That's the difference between you and me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1