Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

37 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hahn’s just happy he can hide behind the investigation and not have to speak to the media.  

The day I longer have to listen to this mealy mouth clown speak is going to be a glorius day. He should have been fired after the 2016 season but has somehow weaseled his way into a lifelong appointment as White Sox GM. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

From a baseball perspective, Sox have some serious work to do on the SP side.  We only had 6 realistic SP to begin with, and #6 wasn't someone you really wanted to rely on.

Going to need to find a new 5th SP, a couple other depth options in a hurry.  

Start collecting guys you can option and ride with the hot hand. Not a lot of options out there now.

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

This post shows exactly how little you know about this topic.  Victims should be put on trial in regard to the facts and the allegations (not they themselves).  In the same way witnesses to murders are.  You aren't throwing out an allegation you are ruining a man's life.  The burden of proof is on the accuser for a reason in the court of law and should be in the court of public opinion as well.  If true then he will get what he deserves but there are numerous incidents of false allegations related to famous people and not famous people.  It happens a s%*# ton more than people want to believe 

Statistically, most allegations of this type are true however. Sure, you want to hang onto the outliers, you’re welcome. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The idea that one is immoral for letting the process play out before making judgments is so incredibly fucking stupid.

As is the idea of someone being accused of domestic violence and expecting everyone to collectively say "Let's wait for the entire process to play out, I can't have any opinion on this"

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yeah, that balances out the literal millions of falsely accused black men throughout American history, yeah?

OJ could hire top attorneys. Clevinger more than likely is going to have a better attorney than his accuser, so guess what? She is going to be a woman scorned again who just made s%*# up. 

• Like 1

Just now, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The more I look at this, the more the possibility that this is a crazed girlfriend seems at least somewhat plausible. Sorry but I’m going to have to suspend judgment on this one

She can be crazy, a pain in the ass, anything, but that doesn't make what he did OK.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Well my point was it’s possible she is making it up. Obviously if he actually did what she claims that would be unacceptable

Yeah, but that usually falls apart pretty fast. She's been at it since summer. If it hasn't been debunked yet, I think there is a huge problem.

Edited by Dick Allen

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Prepare yourself for a NRI 5th starter...

Should have been a no-brainer to bring Jhonny back. Instead they sign this no-brainer. She also just cut off her feed line but maybe that is what triggered all of this. Not saying she isn't a wunnerful gal of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

As is the idea of someone being accused of domestic violence and expecting everyone to collectively say "Let's wait for the entire process to play out, I can't have any opinion on this"

I agree with you here. However, saying that anybody taking the position of "let the process play out before calling him guilty" is a defender of domestic abuse is ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

As is the idea of someone being accused of domestic violence and expecting everyone to collectively say "Let's wait for the entire process to play out, I can't have any opinion on 

Imagine judging domestic violence accusations because you don't like the front office of a fucking baseball time. It's gross and pathetic.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ron883 said:

I agree with you here. However, saying that anybody taking the position of "let the process play out before calling him guilty" is a defender of domestic abuse is ridiculous. 

Which I certainly did not. 

With that said, there are posters here seemingly looking to poke holes in the accusers story, or posters that haven't been active in some time that are re-appearing to make sure everyone knows a man is "innocent to proven guilty!"

That's not a hill I'd be comfortable dying on. 

17 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Interestingly, some were advocating acquiring Bauer. Wonder if they want both.

If we're going to keep Clevinger, might as well. I'm half serious. Whats the difference at that point? We have no morals if we keep him, so why not double down and actually win. 

Who wants to even cheer for this sox team? we had a dysfunctional clubhouse with mr. dui at the helm, TA discretions, no leaders, etc. So we fix it by letting go of Abreu and bringing in Clevinger and a 1st time manager.. 

This team is a disgrace and not even fun to cheer for. Good riddance. This is like strike 8 for me as a fan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which I certainly did not. 

With that said, there are posters here seemingly looking to poke holes in the accusers story, or posters that haven't been active in some time that are re-appearing to make sure everyone knows a man is "innocent to proven guilty!"

That's not a hill I'd be comfortable dying on. 

I haven't seen a single person try to poke holes in her story. I'm inclined to believe her, but considering people's lives are at stake, letting the process play out seems pretty logical to me.

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Imagine judging domestic violence accusations because you don't like the front office of a fucking baseball time. It's gross and pathetic.

Imagine for a second, a poster like yourself, has already made multiple posts in a thread about this domestic violence situation. A simple click on your profile shows us you haven't made a post on this board since December 19, more than a month ago. That post on December 19th? Talking about how entertaining Trevor Bauer's YouTube channel is. 

I'm going to let all the facts play out here, but it would be easy for people to start making assumptions based on the evidence presented, no? 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2