Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

11 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The more I look at this, the more the possibility that this is a crazed girlfriend seems at least somewhat plausible. Sorry but I’m going to have to suspend judgment on this one

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

I haven't seen a single person try to poke holes in her story. I'm inclined to believe her, but considering people's lives are at stake, letting the process play out seems pretty logical to me.

Found one for you. You're welcome. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Well, it is a couple hours old. The other topic you mention is at least 2 weeks old at this point.

The thread may be weeks old, however when Eloy added video yesterday claiming he didn't want to accept playing DH and he has a surprise for us, that's BIG news and has more to do with the Sox success than Mike Clevinger who takes the ball every fifth day, if we are to believe he's healthy enough.   Mike Clevinger is replaceable and that's what the Sox should do with him at this point.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Imagine for a second, a poster like yourself, has already made multiple posts in a thread about this domestic violence situation. A simple click on your profile shows us you haven't made a post on this board since December 19, more than a month ago. That post on December 19th? Talking about how entertaining Trevor Bauer's YouTube channel is. 

I'm going to let all the facts play out here, but it would be easy for people to start making assumptions based on the evidence presented, no? 

A sarcastic post implying Bauer is a s%*# head for striking out 15 years olds? You might want to read between the lines a little. Other than that, I don't think I've ever made a single post about Trevor Bauer.

I don't post much because there's nothing to talk about. The Sox suck. The front office sucks. It all went to s%*# when they hired a racist alcoholic. What else is there to say?

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

I do think it's unlikely sox knew about this, and it's probably just not something mlb can do where they let all teams know about investigations because that sure seems like it could be turned into collusion.

But, I always thought it was way too suspicious that his CLE teammates dropped on him so publicly in 2020. SUre seemed like there was more to this guy and that, at the very least, he was not the kinda reliable teammate you should bring into this locker room.

Obviously, this goes beyond any sort of being a bad teammate, but I do wonder what was the stuff that had people so ready to drop him while there.

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I haven't seen a single person try to poke holes in her story. I'm inclined to believe her, but considering people's lives are at stake, letting the process play out seems pretty logical to me.

The White Sox will certainly suss it out. We are free to speculate in the meantime 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I do think it's unlikely sox knew about this, and it's probably just not something mlb can do where they let all teams know about investigations because that sure seems like it could be turned into collusion.

But, I always thought it was way too suspicious that his CLE teammates dropped on him so publicly in 2020. SUre seemed like there was more to this guy and that, at the very least, he was not the kinda reliable teammate you should bring into this locker room.

Obviously, this goes beyond any sort of being a bad teammate, but I do wonder what was the stuff that had people so ready to drop him while there.

Remember how the rumors were so bad the Sox front office had to get permission from the players to pursue him via trade?

6 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The thread may be weeks old, however when Eloy added video yesterday claiming he didn't want to accept playing DH and he has a surprise for us, that's BIG news and has more to do with the Sox success than Mike Clevinger who takes the ball every fifth day, if we are to believe he's healthy enough.   Mike Clevinger is replaceable and that's what the Sox should do with him at this point.

Eh, we all know how Eloy feels about being a permanent DH. It’s basically a yearly claim at this point. Not really news to anyone.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, fathom said:

Remember how the rumors were so bad the Sox front office had to get permission from the players to pursue him via trade?

I think distance from that certain people put a soft filter of like "jeeze covid was crazy, guy just went out and people made a big deal about it" when it should have rang other alarm bells that "wow, a guy broke curfew and his entire team wanted his ass shipped out and not come back"

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Cleveland may be good at developing pitchers, but it seems like most of the starters they produce are assholes. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

And guess what the busiest thread was yesterday.  Don't worry, I will give you some time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Wow SEASON OVER.. never been so disappointed with this franchise.  Sell off what you can on this team , let some under performers try and regain something and dump them.  Paid 12m for a reclamation project and let Abreu and Cueto walk CHEAP.  So stupid

There's a LONG history of bad decision making yet everyone gets blamed except for the guy making the decisions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

"Somewhat plausible?" That's your smoking gun? Wtf

Why is she a "crazed" girlfriend? Why is she "crazed" at all? Weird you didn't have issue with that choice of wording. 

• Thanks 1