Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

I wonder how front offices caught wind of this while he was so undervalued on the market. And how much the Sox had to know about that as well. Either scenario is damning if they were ignorant, or if they weren’t ignorant.

man I don't know, I don't think he was that undervalued. Before today, we knew he was on a pitch limit. He was -ok- in San Diego and was coming off a major injury.

I really have a hard time believing this was known.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pcq said:

Should have been a no-brainer to bring Jhonny back. Instead they sign this no-brainer. She also just cut off her feed line but maybe that is what triggered all of this. Not saying she isn't a wunnerful gal of course.

Cueto is far more likely to be the gas can he was from 2017-2021, or injured, than recreating his 2022 magic and luck at age 37.There is a reason he was available for a minor league deal in 2022 - that is because he isn't very good anymore.

Sox were right to try to improve on Cueto.   Problem is, they picked the wrong guy apparently. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:

man I don't know, I don't think he was that undervalued. Before today, we knew he was on a pitch limit. He was -ok- in San Diego and was coming off a major injury.

I really have a hard time believing this was known.

Yep just seems like bad luck for the Sox.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't know, were you around for the CJ Abrams pre draft talk? Definitely had that vibe.

Yeah, it’s been mentioned on here for quite a while that “Kenny always gets his guy” when it’s a minority the Sox acquire.  It’s obviously stupid, but just part of the Hahn excuse train.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Why is she a "crazed" girlfriend? Why is she "crazed" at all? Weird you didn't have issue with that choice of wording. 

Either he did it, or she is crazed. Those are literally the only two possibilities. Either way I don’t simply take the word of any random person I know nothing about. Still, I didn’t address any particular aspect of her story so I there is no way I could have poked any holes in it.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And guess what the busiest thread was yesterday.  Don't worry, I will give you some time.

Eloy's news happed at 1:05 yesterday and had a total of 1.5 pages of response, this thread is now 9 pages long after less than an hour. 

Just curious, are you always so condescending and have to act like you are the smartest in the room. Try having a original thought instead of rushing to copy and paste the latest twitter feed from someone else's thoughts.

45 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Why even have due process then? Lock his ass up. 

Court of public opinion and court of law are not the same thing.  I can judge him as a scumbag all I want.  Doesn't deny him his day in court.

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Eloy's news happed at 1:05 yesterday and had a total of 1.5 pages of response, this thread is now 9 pages long after less than an hour. 

Just curious, are you always so condescending and have to act like you are the smartest in the room. Try having an original thought instead of rushing to copy and paste the latest twitter feed from someone else's thoughts.

Finding out you are potentially losing your free agent signing, 1/5 of your rotation, for an extended period of time is pretty big news.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Finding out you are potentially losing your free agent signing, 1/5 of your rotation, for an extended period of time is pretty big news.

Bob, I just said America loves drama, give it a rest already.   To your point, it's still isn't known if Clevinger can overcome two TJ's and a bad knee to be the 5th starter.  The signing was risky before this new came out.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

BTW, are you southsiders2k5 burner account?  You seem to like each others posts often.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

Worth noting, found the rules. MLB is required under a confidentiality clause to not inform the teams until they are actually ready to take actions.

They can inform the players club when they are:
1 Announcing discipline or filing of a grievance
2. Establishing a treatment plan
3. Required to notify by a court order

MLB itself, if I'm reading this right, could not inform the White Sox of an open investigation unless they were ready to announce discipline. 

It could be possible for the White Sox to have found out something else if they ran a sufficient background check, but MLB couldn't have commented to them.

Section VI: http://content.mlb.com/documents/2/9/2/296982292/Major_League_Player_Joint_DV_SA_CA_Policy_English_2018.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3