Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They aren’t going to willingly do something that would cause the players association to file a grievance. 

Nobody cares about Jerry Reinsdorf’s money. I especially don’t. The thought of Clevinger getting $12 million right now is gross though. 

They don’t have any money 

Claiming Justus Sheffield or whoever for depth purposes doesn’t add much of any money. They simply do not care.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Thanks.  It's not THAT dramatic, but it's amazing how life priorities change when you get married and especially have kids.  And now having lost both parents, it's a reminder of how short life can be.

I remember once having a dream of retiring and buying White Sox season tickets every year.  Now, I actually feel like an Advanced A minor league team or maybe AA like San Antonio in the past would be the dream...where the players are close (but not not TOO close to the majors) but everything's more affordable like parking or concessions and ticket holders largely come from same social class more or less.

I also was thinking in retirement it'd be fun to go to every single MLB game I guess if I lived here it'd have to be the Royals. I'd never move back to Chicago now cause of what I perceive as it being unsafe (not that here is that safe). Anyhow I agree with your longer post. Sad we have to feel this way.

My question is ... what would it cost me for 2 season tickets to Sox 15 rows up from third base or catcher and parking? How much jack does that cost nowadays? thanx.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

I also was thinking in retirement it'd be fun to go to every single MLB game I guess if I lived here it'd have to be the Royals. I'd never move back to Chicago now cause of what I perceive as it being unsafe (not that here is that safe). Anyhow I agree with your longer post. Sad we have to feel this way.

My question is ... what would it cost me for 2 season tickets to Sox 15 rows up from third base or catcher and parking? How much jack does that cost nowadays? thanx.

Dick Allen would know.

A 40 game package was $1732 so you're talking $3000-4000 per seat (depending on location) for the full season and not even sure if parking's included with that.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Dick Allen would know.

A 40 game package was $1732 so you're talking $3000-4000 per seat (depending on location) for the full season and not even sure if parking's included with that.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/season-tickets/full-season-plan

An 81 game plan in the 15th row (Platinum Box is rows 11-25) is $6322 for the season. The second ticket ($6322) plus parking ($1396) puts the total up to $14,040, which is $86 per ticket incl. parking.

If you move a few rows back it's $5039 a ticket ($70 per ticket per game) and a few sections down the third base line and its $3836 ($56/ticket per game) a ticket.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Kansas City has a higher per capita murder rate than Chicago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wat

If you remove certain data points, you can get any answer you want.

Like, if we just count Frank Thomas' stats from 2001 onward, is he really a Hall of Famer with a .262/.376/.884 slash line, no All-Star appearances and only 38 games played at first base? Probably not.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, zisk said:

If you take out his hot streaks, George Brett was a life time .249 hitter. squarely between Walter "no neck" williams and Gates Brown.

If you take out his homers, mike schmidt's slugging % was .389. squarely between ken reitz and george mitterwald.

I could do this all day. but i wont.

21 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

That is mind-blowing considering how much people dunk on Chicago.

I think it's because the city's large size (relative to the highest-murder/crime rate cities) leads to high gross murder *totals* that catch peoples' eye.  (I also think there are lots of other reasons people like to try to dunk on Chicago, but those are for another forum on another day.) 

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

6 hours ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/season-tickets/full-season-plan

An 81 game plan in the 15th row (Platinum Box is rows 11-25) is $6322 for the season. The second ticket ($6322) plus parking ($1396) puts the total up to $14,040, which is $86 per ticket incl. parking.

If you move a few rows back it's $5039 a ticket ($70 per ticket per game) and a few sections down the third base line and its $3836 ($56/ticket per game) a ticket.

Thank you, Caufield must have been looking at the 1980 season ticket plans.