Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

On 2/3/2023 at 10:08 PM, Colome's Hat said:

I have my own trauma that I'm dealing with in regards to this subject.  But the fact remains is that due to labor rules established within the MLBPA, they can't do anything until the investigation is concluded and if  they tried, it would be a nightmare.  

Right and for hockey fans, we saw the false accusations that Patrick Kane had to deal with. We need to let this process play itself out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Living in New York City and Western Massachusetts, I think it’s interesting that this story is not being covered. The Boston Globe every Sunday has a full page dedicated to baseball news. While much of the stories are about the Red Sox, they also cover all of MLB and they’ve had nothing for the last three weeks. Obviously with a suspension the story will be covered but so far not a word. 

Is this guy going to be allowed to go to spring training or have the Sox put him on paid leave? Seems to me the Sox haven't done squat to improve the roster this offseason. You don't get better by subtraction of a decent player (Abreu) and adding zip.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Is this guy going to be allowed to go to spring training or have the Sox put him on paid leave? Seems to me the Sox haven't done squat to improve the roster this offseason. You don't get better by subtraction of a decent player (Abreu) and adding zip.

Benintendi?

Maybe zip if you look at his last four years cumulatively.

We counted on a 2-3 fWAR from Pollock and ended up with the opposite.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's my understanding they can't put him on admin leave because they haven't paid him yet and players do not get paid during spring training.  If MLB doesn't hand down their suspension before pitchers and catchers report next week  this asshole is going to spring training and it's gonna be a total s%*# show.  At least the cowards will finally be held accountable and step in front of a microphone to explain to their fans how they even signed such a s%*# stain to begin with so I'm all for him reporting to spring training.  Let the chaos begin!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's my understanding they can't put him on admin leave because they haven't paid him yet and players do not get paid during spring training.  If MLB doesn't hand down their suspension before pitchers and catchers report next week  this asshole is going to spring training and it's gonna be a total s%*# show.  At least the cowards will finally be held accountable and step in front of a microphone to explain to their fans how they even signed such a s%*# stain to begin with so I'm all for him reporting to spring training.  Let the chaos begin!

I'd be surprised if the White Sox said word one. They will say because the matter is being investigated they can't say anything.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Benintendi?

Maybe zip if you look at his last four years cumulatively.

We counted on a 2-3 fWAR from Pollock and ended up with the opposite.

Is Benin that good? I know Royals fans don't care he's gone. They say no power. 

23 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'd be surprised if the White Sox said word one. They will say because the matter is being investigated they can't say anything.

They already said that in their official statement:

“Major League Baseball and the Chicago White Sox take any and all allegations very seriously, and the White Sox are completely supportive of the Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse policy shared by MLB and the MLBPA. MLB opened an investigation after learning of these allegations. The White Sox were not aware of the allegations or the investigation at the time of his signing. The White Sox will refrain from comment until MLB’s investigative process has reached its conclusion.”

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer

17 hours ago, greg775 said:

Is Benin that good? I know Royals fans don't care he's gone. They say no power. 

For the millionth time, he wasn't acquired for his power but I get that it doesn't fit your Troll agenda, so raise your head out of the sand in a couple weeks and say the same tired schtick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, flavum said:

Maybe MLB will put him on leave this Friday- you know, right before pitchers report and buried news-wise by the Super Bowl.

Let's hope so.  This has fallen out of the news cycle by now, but it's still lingering as the start of camp approaches.  Soxdom needs some resolution very soon.

52 minutes ago, flavum said:

Maybe MLB will put him on leave this Friday- you know, right before pitchers report and buried news-wise by the Super Bowl.

I thought I saw the 20th was Pitchers and Catchers reporting, so really they have almost two weeks.  I know the Sox are where they are, but it is almost certainly going to take an action by MLB to prevent this from being a daily news item.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought I saw the 20th was Pitchers and Catchers reporting, so really they have almost two weeks.  I know the Sox are where they are, but it is almost certainly going to take an action by MLB to prevent this from being a daily news item.

15th for P&C. 20th full squad. Game on the 25th.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Chicago White Sox: Feb. 15, Feb. 20

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/see-when-pitchers-and-catchers-report-mlb-spring-training-2023