Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

The Sox's hands are pretty much tied at this point.  MLB hasn't done anything, and until they do, there's not much the Sox can do.  On the off chance that he is cleared after the investigation, and if the Sox were to place him on leave or even release him, they'd be at risk for a lawsuit.

That being said, this is a shitty situation for the Sox players.  The guy will be there for camp and will we working out with everyone else.  Everyone knows about the investigation, and I'm sure many players have their mind made up about Clevinger's guilt.

I'm surprised MLB hasn't said anything.  The investigation has been going on for quite a while.  I certainly hope they make some sort of statement before opening day.

Saw that the MLB is enforcing new rules in regards to balks and wind-up routines. They specifically noted how Clevinger is going to have to change his pre pitch wind up. 

I'd love if the Sox ever considered any of this stuff. I know he's a professional and pitchers change their routines all the time, but this seems pretty significant. 

In regards to him reporting to ST, i think it was rabbit who had a post about it that made sense about the process from a MLBPA view, the Sox view, the MLB view, etc. Is what it is. I basically have come to grips that he's likely to be pitching for the Sox this year.  I don't have to support Clevinger and can still enjoy baseball. The venn diagram is big enough where I can separate it in my brain. Clevinger just goes into the side with Reinsdorf, Tim Anderson, Hahn, etc. Just at a point that circle gets too crowded and I am going to choose to spend my money & time on other baseball teams. 

5 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Just at a point that circle gets too crowded and I am going to choose to spend my money & time on other baseball teams. 

With Vegas and NashVegas being two possible destinations for expansion over the next decade, it will be more than convenient to adopt a new allegiance.  

Edited by GREEDY

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

It’s such a damn chore being a fan of this org.

This. haha. at a certain point if it's not fun, then why am i doing it? But that's every offseason. And then a 72 degree night comes along and the grill is going and i have a beer in hand and the snap of catchers glove and a crack of a bat hits and I am back to being happy. It'd be fun to watch a winning team with WS aspirations. Hell I'd even settle for a team with a path and plan, but i'll just enjoy the game itself. Just play the game the right way and I'll be happy. That didn't happen last year which i think was the frustrating part. Hopefully with new manager we play hard, run out bases, and don't constantly give excsuses. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

With Vegas and NashVegas being two possible destinations for expansion over the decade, it will be more than convenient to adopt a new allegiance.  

I've had MLBtv through t-mobile for the last 4-5 years and I'm not going to lie, I watch probably 50/50 Sox vs. other MLB games. Last year it was probably 25/75 Sox vs. MLB. I love finding a great pitching matchup and watching that over a Tigers/Sox game or the likes. Give me a Nick Lodolo v. Corbin Burnes game or a George Kirby v. Framber Valdez. 

I'll be watching a lot of Astros, Mariners, Rays, Marlins, Padres this year. 

It seems plausible that one reason why the victim would come forward with photos is that they felt they weren’t being heard by MLB.

If we believe Clevinger’s agent, they didn’t know of this case at all until the article, meaning that Clevinger wasn’t interviewed about it over at least 4 months.

Was Manfred trying to cover this up since there was no police report?

Is that a normal policy of his MLB?

7 hours ago, FredBc01 said:

First post. If Sox don’t figure things out tomorrow, then my family is front-running and will spend next few summers at Wrigley. Clevinger is a bigger issue then they’re even imagining.

Let’s see what happens.

Have fun with Ron883, he's already there!

The inference in my view is that there may be a lack of credible corroborating evidence to support the charges. He needs to offer her some dough to vamoose. MLB knows with the season approaching they need to figure out how to resolve the situation.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s actually meeting with the media today. 

Which has to mean they are sticking by him, moving forward with him. He isn't there if they are even giving thought to a release 

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Which has to mean they are sticking by him, moving forward with him. He isn't there if they are even giving thought to a release 

I really do wonder if there’s some sort of evidence/paper trail that proves the lady is lying.  

5 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

f*** this stupid fucking team. Absolute dumpster fire.

So you'd rather they release him before the league speaks and beg for a lawsuit from both Clevinger and the players union?  This position makes no sense.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So you'd rather they release him before the league speaks and beg for a lawsuit from both Clevinger and the players union?  This position makes no sense.  

Also creates a terrible precedent where anyone can make a claim that leads to a suspension without a legit investigation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1