Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Hahn is such a fucking coward 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, I mean...if he disclosed it he wouldn't have been signed.  Therefore, anyone can understand why he didn't say anything even if it wasn't the right thing to do.  But pushing around your GF and throwing a spitter at your child also isn't the right thing to do, soooooo

It's still absolutely the wrong response by Hahn. One player is bigger than any sort of moral compass you would hope the organization has. To your point @ChiSox59, you're saying if Rick knew these allegations, he wouldn't have been signed. So Rick is saying "Yeah, we wouldn't have signed him if we knew this was hanging over his head, but I understand why he lied to us, and now we have to support him." 

Wrong answer. The correct answer is some version of "This is not what I want to be talking about on the first day of Spring Training. It's something I wish we knew about and obviously we have to re-evaluate our background process further. As it stands today, we're put in a position where we have to let the process play out and respect any decision MLB puts forward." 

Not "I understand why someone like Mike would lie to us" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

This all makes me so excited for 2023. Maybe if they'd had soxfest they could've had these pressers there rather than a dark cloud first day of spring training.

For what it's worth, I imagine having this particular presser at SoxFest would not have been great.

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

Too much work for the White Sox to do a freedom of information act request. 

Let's be real, I don't think teams are doing FOIAs before signing players. It would take too long to get a response back and they could miss out on the given player. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Let's be real, I don't think teams are doing FOIAs before signing players. It would take too long to get a response back and they could miss out on the given player. 

I think it's pretty clear with certain players at this point *Cough cough this one* they should.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yet somehow he seemed more competent speaking than Hahn today. Clevinger has definitely made it that he’ll never pitch for the Sox if it’s found he violated the domestic abuse policy 

MLB dragging its feet into the start of camp makes me worry that they will simply sweep it under the rug.  But I'm a pessimist when it comes to people in power being held accountable for their shitty behavior.

1 minute ago, pcq said:

For a redacted report. Filed with who?

Why are you asking me these questions. I didn't sign Mike Clevinger. Those are questions the White Sox should have been trying to figure out. They don't need Mike from Breaking Bad to find information. 

16 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yeah, this is a bit ridiculous. Police departments can take months to send FOIAs back.