Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

11 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I expected him to plead innocent but there was something about her that didnt ring true

I felt that she was a good interview but I did not feel that it advanced her case and neither host dug in too much which was expected.  It was a lot of air time for little results but I understand why both parties would agree.  The more information she provides the less credible she appears to me. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I felt that she was a good interview but I did not feel that it advanced her case and neither host dug in too much which was expected.  It was a lot of air time for little results but I understand why both parties would agree.  The more information she provides the less credible she appears to me. 

Agreed, she almost tried to overdo it w info

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I know she said he would trip on acid every day. Those experienced with psychedelics, can you take acid every day? Does it still work when you do that? 

no you would have to keep increasing the dosage, unless he was getting something like liquid which I think is much more powerful. 

On 2/16/2023 at 4:53 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I am really hoping for a fast start to get me going again.  I never have been so meh about baseball.  After the strike years I was mad, and didn't go to a game for about 4 years, but that was anger.  For me, it is just apathy.  No excitement, no buying tickets, hats, etc.  I just can't give it any energy.

For some reason I'm the exact opposite. I have a feeling this team is going to click and have a chip on their shoulder. They're still extremely talented.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

For some reason I'm the exact opposite. I have a feeling this team is going to click and have a chip on their shoulder. They're still extremely talented.

Its going to be a great season. The White Sox will be going to the playoffs in 2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Exactly what you want during the first week of camp

After listening to that interview I felt if he was innocent he may have a claim. Howard Stern would walk comments like hers back on his show.  They encouraged it in the interview with zero follow up.  

Hopefully he makes Chicago media uncomfortable.

Wow. This is going to suck just as bad as we all thought in ways I never dreamed of.  Wasn’t there a lot of drama between him and his wife around the time he was traded to the Padres? So many red flags. Why jump in early at the top of the market for this guy?

16 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

After listening to that interview I felt if he was innocent he may have a claim. Howard Stern would walk comments like hers back on his show.  They encouraged it in the interview with zero follow up.  

Hopefully he makes Chicago media uncomfortable.

Ok, fine. This was all avoidable is the issue. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Wow. This is going to suck just as bad as we all thought in ways I never dreamed of.  Wasn’t there a lot of drama between him and his wife around the time he was traded to the Padres? So many red flags. Why jump in early at the top of the market for this guy?

He was believed to be closer to a $14-16 million guy at least.

Look what the Guardians/Indians got back in return for just his limited control ARB years.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Following the stream of logic here, unless he sues and wins, she isn't guilty of lying...

Sure came off to me as someone being deceptive and dishonest to me… yet… again… I’m biased.

https://www.gaslampball.com/2023/1/24/23569766/mlb-investigating-former-padres-sp-mike-clevinger-after-domestic-violence-allegations#comments

Would suggest reading the 17 comments at the bottom here.

Not illegal for a guy his age in MLB to be hooking up with 18-19 year old girls in the so-called Pad Squad, but not a good look for him along with all his family and relationship issues at play as well here.

He goes by the nickname Sunshine, btw, like QB Ronnie Bass in Remember the Titans.

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.gaslampball.com/2023/1/24/23569766/mlb-investigating-former-padres-sp-mike-clevinger-after-domestic-violence-allegations#comments

Would suggest reading the 17 comments at the bottom here.

Not illegal for a guy his age in MLB to be hooking up with 18-19 year old girls in the so-called Pad Squad, but not a good look for him along with all his family and relationship issues at play as well here.

He goes by the nickname Sunshine, btw, like QB Ronnie Bass in Remember the Titans.

There are a ton of things to ding Clevinger for, but him hooking up with girls of legal age is absolutely not one of them (married or not).

• TLR 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

There are a ton of things to ding Clevinger for, but him hooking up with girls of legal age is absolutely not one of them (married or not).

https://www.instagram.com/thepadsquad/?hl=en
That said, I know you’re not a fan of Bauer, Puig or Tatis, and they’re all smack dab in the middle of all these “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” stories…right along with Clevinger.

All Hahn had to do was put in a call to Terry Francona.

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.instagram.com/thepadsquad/?hl=en
That said, I know you’re not a fan of Bauer, Puig or Tatis, and they’re all smack dab in the middle of all these “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” stories…right along with Clevinger.

All Hahn had to do was put in a call to Terry Francona.

Yep, they should have never considered him.  None of this is surprising. 

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

With all due respect why did you tie the knot? Didn't she show a lot of signs she would not be supportive of your career? Pretty disrespectful for a spouse to criticize a partner's career like that especially when college coaches can make a ton of money.

I was a HS coach when we got married.  Also, she was joking.  She has a director’s for the Federal Govt and makes a helluva of a lot more money than I do.  😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Where the Soxtalk lawyers at? Can 670 get slammed for this actually? I'd imagine Clevinger would have to prove those were lies?

We call these SLAPP suits. They aren’t designed to actually win, they’re designed so that they make the people who are sued show up in the press, sometimes they have to pay their legal fees if they aren’t included in the costs of the dismissal which is common, but compared to the millions of dollars a Clevinger can afford for lawyers a battered former partner can’t afford anything like that even on a temporary basis so they’re likely to retract their statements even if they’re accurate just because of money. This type of lawsuit threat is a very standard thing for a guilty party who is trying to intimidate someone.

https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1019/slapp-suits

About this purpose, Judge J. Nicholas Colabella wrote in Gordon v. Marrone(N.Y . 1992), “Short of a gun to the head, a greater threat to First Amendment expression can scarcely be imagined.”

Professors George W. Pring and Penelope Canan coined the term SLAPP suit in the 1980s after noting a surge in lawsuits filed to silence public criticism by citizens.

Even the concept of this is why he should be on administrative leave. There is literally zero benefit and a ton of loss for MLB and for the White Sox In this playing out in public. This should be a private matter regardless of the outcome and no one comes out of this looking good. The end result of this is MLB having people associate them more with domestic assault and intimidation, regardless of what actually happened. This will cost millions long term at minimum For the White Sox and the MLB, but if Clevinger intimidates her into shutting up it’s worth millions to him.

Just put him on leave and let me be bored with spring training fluff. A new manager handling this for weeks? Good luck.

• Haha 1