Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Wow. This is going to suck just as bad as we all thought in ways I never dreamed of.  Wasn’t there a lot of drama between him and his wife around the time he was traded to the Padres? So many red flags. Why jump in early at the top of the market for this guy?

Dumb Rick Hahn. Can we add his icon to the options?

• TLR 1

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He was believed to be closer to a $14-16 million guy at least.

Look what the Guardians/Indians got back in return for just his limited control ARB years.

By who? MLB Trade Rumors projected 1 year $10 million, which is less than he got from the Sox.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

We call these SLAPP suits. They aren’t designed to actually win, they’re designed so that they make the people who are sued show up in the press, sometimes they have to pay their legal fees if they aren’t included in the costs of the dismissal which is common, but compared to the millions of dollars a Clevinger can afford for lawyers a battered former partner can’t afford anything like that even on a temporary basis so they’re likely to retract their statements even if they’re accurate just because of money. This type of lawsuit threat is a very standard thing for a guilty party who is trying to intimidate someone.

https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1019/slapp-suits

Even the concept of this is why he should be on administrative leave. There is literally zero benefit and a ton of loss for MLB and for the White Sox In this playing out in public. This should be a private matter regardless of the outcome and no one comes out of this looking good. The end result of this is MLB having people associate them more with domestic assault and intimidation, regardless of what actually happened. This will cost millions long term at minimum For the White Sox and the MLB, but if Clevinger intimidates her into shutting up it’s worth millions to him.

Just put him on leave and let me be bored with spring training fluff. A new manager handling this for weeks? Good luck.

She went on the radio and stated this stuff, is he not allowed to defend himself?  She seems smart enough to know how to create news but yet doesn't have proof of it.  She has no camera footage of him stoned or a photo of the chew spit on the child?  After the interview I felt that she should have more proof of the allegations.  There are no text threads like Bauer or much of anything.

These are simple things that would substantiate her claim and he seems dumb enough to provide.

These were things I felt the interview should have addressed.

Clevinger speaking out is dumb but actually following through is different animal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

She went on the radio and stated this stuff, is he not allowed to defend himself?  She seems smart enough to know how to create news but yet doesn't have proof of it.  She has no camera footage of him stoned or a photo of the chew spit on the child?  After the interview I felt that she should have more proof of the allegations.  There are no text threads like Bauer or much of anything.

These are simple things that would substantiate her claim and he seems dumb enough to provide.

These were things I felt the interview should have addressed.

Clevinger speaking out is dumb but actually following through is different animal.

Most people demanding proof of abuse would probably be ok with “photos of the bruises”? “Ok you did that but why didn’t you pull out your phone as he was punching you” strikes me as a very odd reaction.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Most people demanding proof of abuse would probably be ok with “photos of the bruises”? “Ok you did that but why didn’t you pull out your phone as he was punching you” strikes me as a very odd reaction.

An argument can be made that old photos aren't enough, since there have been cases proven where the photos were fabricated, faked, inflicted on themselves and such.  If real, which is very much could be, there will/should be more evidence than just those imo.

14 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

An argument can be made that old photos aren't enough, since there have been cases proven where the photos were fabricated, faked, inflicted on themselves and such.  If real, which is very much could be, there will/should be more evidence than just those imo.

She didn’t set out to entrap him, she didn’t even bring this to MLB per reports, other people did. This is off the deep end.

54 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

She didn’t set out to entrap him, she didn’t even bring this to MLB per reports, other people did. This is off the deep end.

She has admitted on multiple occasions that she is doing this because he has attempted or at the very least threatened to attempt to gain custody of their child.  

She peppers in other concerns on "why she is going public" but it is clear as day as to why she has chosen to do this "now".  

I think it is complete horseshit for 670 to give an ex the platform to rip a public figure when no charges have been filed. 

Based on the back and forth of the involved parties here this appears to be nothing more than a white trash custody battle playing out in the public. With mlb not taking any action since opening an investigation back in June it's likely they were gonna drop it and then it was leaked to social media to prevent that. Unless something else major comes out to substantiate, its a waste of time to continue discussing it, imo. 

And yes the scorecwas highly irresponsible with that interview. If she truly ends up a victim in all of this they've opened her up to litigation with any statements she made that can be picked apart by an attorney. I'm shocked they aired that.

Edited by TheBooneLoganEra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Is her face in any photos? She likes selfies so there should be hundreds of photos.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

She contradicts herself multiple times in the interview and it’s deplorable for her to be holding a baby while doing this interview.

Clevenger is no peach but this isn’t black or white. 

I’ll be surprised if he misses significant time… yet again, we’re in this woke culture nonsense. Urg.

• TLR 1