Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

4 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

What court are you referring to?  I thought there were no criminal charges filed and there is only a pending MLB investigation.  Is that wrong?  Is there a civil case filed?  Are you referring to custody hearings?  

There are no court proceedings. There are no charges against Clevinger. Not through civil court and not through criminal court. This is simply an investigation by the MLB as a result of his ex's accusations that she brought to the league.

7 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

SO what if hes exonerated of said charges and goes on to vie for the Cy Young this yr? Will we still put the hate on him?

Idiots play baseball well all the time… and in this circumstance I’d be happy for the team and chalk him up to an idiot. It‘S already known that I also don’t believe most of what is being said against him… still doesn’t make him an idiot.

Same story with his old friend. Didn’t believe most of what was brought against him and still thought he was an idiot.

18 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

What court are you referring to?  I thought there were no criminal charges filed and there is only a pending MLB investigation.  Is that wrong?  Is there a civil case filed?  Are you referring to custody hearings?  

I'm speaking a what if. This could even go to civil/family court. 

14 hours ago, The Grinder said:

SO what if hes exonerated of said charges and goes on to vie for the Cy Young this yr? Will we still put the hate on him?

One of those is possible and one of them virtually impossible!

16 hours ago, The Grinder said:

If she made the whole thing up, I apologize profusely. The thing is, it's probably pretty slim she made it all up. But its a he said/she said, so it's pretty tough to prove unless there is a witness. Odds are overwhelming he did something. Something so bad, the mother was willing to risk her child's portion of his millions of baseball earningsl to make public, and be held accountable.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Is this cat scheduled to pitch yet in Spring Training? 

I know he’s been pitching sim games, but haven’t heard about game action. Cease, Gio and Kopech haven’t pitched yet either, tho. 

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If she made the whole thing up, I apologize profusely. The thing is, it's probably pretty slim she made it all up. But its a he said/she said, so it's pretty tough to prove unless there is a witness. Odds are overwhelming he did something. Something so bad, the mother was willing to risk her child's portion of his millions of baseball earningsl to make public, and be held accountable.

How is she risking the child's portion, still his child?  Her actions are not taking away from that. 

On the radio they were questioning why he hasn't pitched andthat they are hiding him.......they did not address why the other four have not pitched as well. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

How is she risking the child's portion, still his child?  Her actions are not taking away from that. 

On the radio they were questioning why he hasn't pitched andthat they are hiding him.......they did not address why the other four have not pitched as well. 

He has a $12 million contract correct? If he gets suspended, that drops, and his paydays decrease in the future.

The most annoying part of this is the value in this contract was that if Clevinger returns to pre-surgery form, next year's option would be a huge value. With all the drama, Sox might just move on regardless if Clevinger pitches great. So an exoneration would be nice for this Jerry Reinsdorf-owned-franchise but he probably did something close to what is being alleged regardless of how the MLB's investigation plays out. 

21 hours ago, raBBit said:

The most annoying part of this is the value in this contract was that if Clevinger returns to pre-surgery form, next year's option would be a huge value. With all the drama, Sox might just move on regardless if Clevinger pitches great. So an exoneration would be nice for this Jerry Reinsdorf-owned-franchise but he probably did something close to what is being alleged regardless of how the MLB's investigation plays out. 

I think it's a mutual option, so it's really a 1-year deal that has $4M deferred to next season. 

If Clevinger performs well, he's hitting the market again anyway. If he doesn't, the Sox decline the option. 

Anyway, I think I heard somewhere that Jesse Rogers said that Clevinger isn't getting suspended and that it should be announced before the end of ST. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think it's a mutual option, so it's really a 1-year deal that has $4M deferred to next season. 

If Clevinger performs well, he's hitting the market again anyway. If he doesn't, the Sox decline the option. 

Anyway, I think I heard somewhere that Jesse Rogers said that Clevinger isn't getting suspended and that it should be announced before the end of ST. 

I’ve seen nothing attributed to Rogers saying that 

“No news is good news in my mind” regarding Clevinger, says Grifol. Surprised no one commenting on Grifol’s Clevinger comments from yesterday. “But right now, he’s in a good spot… He works his [butt] off, he’s great at [pitching fielding practice], he’s diligent with his work. I’m really happy what I’m seeing here from him so far.”

I guess this must make Grifol a bad guy to the people claiming earlier in the thread that he should be presumed guilty until found innocent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Woke crowd in shambles

1. Username checks out. 

2. This is how it’s supposed to happen. An investigation was held, I accept the results. I thought Clevenger was a dickhead well before the Sox signed him, and still hold that opinion. But there are plenty of guys that hold that title in sports and the world. Time for everyone to move on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

And this is why we let the process play out before we grab our pitchforks.

This doesn't mean he is innocent. It is next to impossible to prove abuse without calling the cops to the scene immediately. Something likely happened here even if more evidence isn't available. The MLB is having him be evaluated for potential abusive behavior and drug usage. 

MLB statement:

“The comprehensive investigation included interviews of more than 15 individuals, in addition to Mr. Clevinger and the complainant, as well as a review of available documents, such as thousands of electronic communication records," a statement from MLB read. "The Office of the Commissioner has closed this investigation and, barring the receipt of any new information or evidence, the Office of the Commissioner will not be imposing discipline on Mr. Clevinger in connection with these allegations."

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Incorrect. According to MLB statement, there are no disciplinary actions and investigation is closed.

(I meant to quote “mlb is having him evaluated for abuse and drugs” claim but edit doesn’t work on my phone)

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This doesn't mean he is innocent. It is next to impossible to prove abuse without calling the cops to the scene immediately. Something likely happened here even if more evidence isn't available. The MLB is having him be evaluated for potential abusive behavior and drug usage. 

Tell that to the judge who wrung me up without any evidence being presented during my divorce, please.

• Like 1