White Sox Interested in Naperville Legend Nicky Lopez

Sleepy Harold

I don't think his swing could kill a gnat so better hope is just that we get some babip good luck and at that point is defense is a huge multiplier.

I mean honestly he's pretty much the billy hamilton version of the infield (less speed, greater contact equals it out)

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't think his swing could kill a gnat so better hope is just that we get some babip good luck and at that point is defense is a huge multiplier.

I mean honestly he's pretty much the billy hamilton version of the infield (less speed, greater contact equals it out)

That's pretty solid TBH.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well I am so glad we hired the KC Royals ex-coach and we are dumpster diving in the Royals end of the pool for scraps.   The money will be spent.  I am ready for the parade.  

You nailed it.  No more dumpster diving in the Royals trash bin. If you are going to dumspter dive at least park your cart outside the Astros or Dodgers back alley. 

• Like 2

I'd be shocked if this went down. Sox have Sosa, Romy, and Yolbert Sanchez. If they want a glove guy who can't hit why didnt they bring up Yolbert last year. He's going to be 26 soon . 2nd base is the one position they have cheap depth at the upper level . Why give up a player and pay more than minimum ? It's ridiculous. Or trade from that depth to get another arm or an OF who could be useful and cheap stuck in AAA. Cespedes and Yolbert can get you something useful.

Try using your own depth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd be shocked if this went down. Sox have Sosa, Romy, and Yolbert Sanchez. If they want a glove guy who can't hit why didnt they bring up Yolbert last year. He's going to be 26 soon . 2nd base is the one position they have cheap depth at the upper level . Why give up a player and pay more than minimum ? It's ridiculous. Or trade from that depth to get another arm or an OF who could be useful and cheap stuck in AAA. Cespedes and Yolbert can get you something useful.

The only guy in that second base depth that would have any trade value would be Rodriguez. Otherwise, it’s a bunch of dime a dozen AAAA guys

• Haha 1

So the Sox acquire two starters with a combined 5 HRs over 897 Plate Appearances in 2022 (Benintendi (461) Lopez (436)) and this is progress?

They need to hire James Click as President of Baseball Operations, let him evaluate and salvage what he can for the handful of veterans with trade value, and target 2025 as a legitimate contention window, especially after Liam’s diagnosis and the Clevinger debacle.

Robert, Cease, Montgomery, Kopech, Vaughn and Colas plus several quality acquisitions and draft picks would provide a young talented core capable of contending beyond the AL Central.

This organization has always traded prospects that pan out later for veteran meh. So that’s about to happen.

While your thought is logical, I would imagine some of that depth would be headed the other way if there was a trade.

20 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Sosa would absolutely have trade value, probably more than Rodriguez

As would Ramos, if you care to include him in the equation.  He's probably a 3B or OF though, so I get not including him.  Romy and Yolbert are in fact dime a dozen types.  I do think Romy has a chance to be a useful super sub, though. 

7 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Send them Montgomery you fucking cowards. 

He would never trade Montgomery or Colas or even Ramos; those guys are on top 100 lists or in the "just missed" range.  Hahn knows they are good because there is affirmation that they are good.  I'm not sure that Hahn is thinking this far ahead, but Montgomery and Ramos are potential "window extenders" who could also free up a lot of salary to bring in that "premium talent."
It's the next tier that is the concern; ones that have a skillset with a nice ceiling if properly developed, that the other teams know better than Hahn.   To trade those guys for a low ceiling player is just daft. 

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

While your thought is logical, I would imagine some of that depth would be headed the other way if there was a trade.

I have no problem dealing from a position of depth even though the quality of that depth is unknown for a position of need. I just prefer minor leaguers traded for minor leaguers rather than a no hit all glove type veteran. The Sox are in no position to acquire guys who can't hit. They are in a position to see who among the infield depth is useful. 

4 hours ago, GreenSox said:

He would never trade Montgomery or Colas or even Ramos; those guys are on top 100 lists or in the "just missed" range.  Hahn knows they are good because there is affirmation that they are good.  I'm not sure that Hahn is thinking this far ahead, but Montgomery and Ramos are potential "window extenders" who could also free up a lot of salary to bring in that "premium talent."
It's the next tier that is the concern; ones that have a skillset with a nice ceiling if properly developed, that the other teams know better than Hahn.   To trade those guys for a low ceiling player is just daft. 

At this point there's no window. The franchise is a hot mess.

• Haha 1