MLB PipeLine Top 100 Prospects New List

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Colson Montgomery moved up from their last list from 57 to 38. Oscar Colas moved up from 95 to 85.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2022/top100/

Guardians have 7 in the Top 100, Twins 3 , Tigers 3 , Royals 1

The guy I find most intriguing is Andrew Painter 19 years old ,wasn't in Top 100 last years list that came out in March  then went to 24 in the August list and is now 8th and the Phillies are talking about opening the season with him in the rotation.

Also Tim Anderson is #9 in MLB Networks Top 10 SS. He fell out of the top 10 in fan voting.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, wegner said:

They've listed Montgomery's Eta to the majors as 2024!  That seems soon for his age but I'm excited to see such optimism for his future.

I'd imagine that's exactly right. I doubt he's going to spend a full year at AA in 2023 and a full year at AAA in 2024 and then not get called up.

Far more likely IMO is that he's the opening day shortstop in 2024. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd imagine that's exactly right. I doubt he's going to spend a full year at AA in 2023 and a full year at AAA in 2024 and then not get called up.

Far more likely IMO is that he's the opening day shortstop in 2024. 

Already selling off TA, I see!

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Already selling off TA, I see!

Yup. We talked about that in the other thread, I am looking at a financial mess next offseason equal to this one if not worse, Anderson is movable to clear payroll, they have made it clear they're not thrilled with him internally based on tons of whispers over the last year, and there's an available replacement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

They've listed Montgomery's Eta to the majors as 2024!  That seems soon for his age but I'm excited to see such optimism for his future.

TA is under club control through 2024, he's owed 12.5 mil in 2023 and Sox have a 14 million option on him for 2024.

14 mil is a good deal for the Sox, maybe Colson can move to 2B for a year.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yup. We talked about that in the other thread, I am looking at a financial mess next offseason equal to this one if not worse, Anderson is movable to clear payroll, they have made it clear they're not thrilled with him internally based on tons of whispers over the last year, and there's an available replacement. 

14 mil is a steal for a former batting champ, if he can stay healthy and hit like we know he can I'd keep him.

12 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

14 mil is a steal for a former batting champ, if he can stay healthy and hit like we know he can I'd keep him.

While that's true, do the White Sox have $14 million to spare? We heard all this offseason about moving Hendriks to save the same amount of money and next year has a a very good chance of being tougher, financially. 

On top of that, he will have 1 year of control, so if they don't move him, they won't ever get anything for him. And they have clearly been whispering unhappiness about him the whole offseason. With a replacement available for him, these are savings the White Sox can get while still getting a small amount of talent back for him, and without seriously hurting their so-called "competitive roster". 

This is something we are going to hear about all next offseason, starting at the trade deadline if they're out by then. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

While that's true, do the White Sox have $14 million to spare? We heard all this offseason about moving Hendriks to save the same amount of money and next year has a a very good chance of being tougher, financially.

On top of that, he will have 1 year of control, so if they don't move him, they won't ever get anything for him. And they have clearly been whispering unhappiness about him the whole offseason. With a replacement available for him, these are savings the White Sox can get while still getting a small amount of talent back for him.

This is something we are going to hear about all next offseason, starting at the trade deadline if they're out by then. 

Good points about the $$ and not being able to get anything for him. So should they move him this year to get more prospects?  I believe Elvis is still available.

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Good points about the $$ and not being able to get anything for him. So should they move him this year to get more prospects?  I believe Elvis is still available.

If they got a good offer for him I wouldn't have been surprised if they moved him, but we've seen how weak the trade market has been this offseason. If teams were paying high prices in trades, there would have been more. Teams are mostly holding onto their prospects, I'd expect the same next offseason as well. If a team needed a shortstop, there were 4 on the free agent market that they didn't have to give up prospects for. 

I don't think you're going to get nearly as much as you want for him, but I do believe you can get "some amount of talent plus saving his full contract" next offseason. It is my expectation that the White Sox will be in a position where that is something they have to do. 

42 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

TA is under club control through 2024, he's owed 12.5 mil in 2023 and Sox have a 14 million option on him for 2024.

14 mil is a good deal for the Sox, maybe Colson can move to 2B for a year.

Unfortunately if this season goes like many here fear, they may be shopping TA this mid-season.  1 1/2 years of that extremely reasonable contract might net a nice return

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Diamondbacks and the Orioles each have 3 in the top 15, very sad that the best we can do is 38 and 85 and markets like Baltimore and Arizona have 3 each in the top 15. As all of us have said, clean house and or sell the team. 

Both teams have been tanking and have drafted really well. The Sox had their farm system depleted because they graduated everyone (they also didn’t draft well) but with the 15th pick in the draft, I’m curious to see where their farm ranks this time next year. 

53 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Both teams have been tanking and have drafted really well. The Sox had their farm system depleted because they graduated everyone (they also didn’t draft well) but with the 15th pick in the draft, I’m curious to see where their farm ranks this time next year. 

Last years number 15 pick is ranked number 98 on this list. Picks 13, 14, and 16 are not currently ranked, and I got lazy and stopped looking at that point. It seems unlikely that the 15th pick in next years draft will make an appearance in rankings by next offseason, not in a place to replace Colas on the list at least. That’s also not a knock on any of them, it’s just a matter of not being highly enough ranked coming into the draft and only a couple months in the low minors, for a high schooler or something like that, that’s no time at all. If that’s going to happen it’s from someone already in the system today.

15 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

14 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Last years number 15 pick is ranked number 98 on this list. Picks 13, 14, and 16 are not currently ranked, and I got lazy and stopped looking at that point. It seems unlikely that the 15th pick in next years draft will make an appearance in rankings by next offseason, not in a place to replace Colas on the list at least. That’s also not a knock on any of them, it’s just a matter of not being highly enough ranked coming into the draft and only a couple months in the low minors, for a high schooler or something like that, that’s no time at all. If that’s going to happen it’s from someone already in the system today.

Noah Schultz, Cristian Mena and Bryan Ramos could be more likely than that pick too. If some of the things I’ve heard from instructs on Schultz are accurate, I’d imagine he’ll crack a list in the next 6-12 months 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t mean individual to 100 players but where the system ranks overall. I expect some guys to make the jump 

Edited by Joshua Strong

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Noah Schultz, Cristian Mena and Bryan Ramos could be more likely than that pick too. If some of the things I’ve heard from instructs on Schultz are accurate, I’d imagine he’ll crack a list in the next 6-12 months 

I think Mena will be on a list as well.