Ways to Improve Guaranteed Rate Field (joke answers only)

Quin

On 1/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, Tnetennba said:

If he thinks attendance is dismal now…

got to diagree with you. don't know how old you are but the Sox were going to move to Addison before that piece of s%*# was built and turned the wrong way with no room for a fan expeirence like Fenway or even Wrigley now. Your going to diasgree heavily with my last statement that i know is a fact, it sucks trying to get to Sox Park on a weekday from the burbs for a 7:10 start. A lot of Sox Fans now live outside of the city. Yes, the South Side is White Sox country but the Sox fans with money now live in the western suburbs. I live in the NW suburbs, used to attend 10 to 15 games a year. With the traffic conditions, starting time and quality of the team, i will not be attending 10 to 15 games this year. Maybe 4 or 5 weekend games. Average traveling time 10 years ago was 50 minutes to an hour, now with the worst expressway system it take up to to 90 minutes to get to a game. addison or arlington heights has much better expressway options. 

And before you bring it up, i will now under no  circumstances will i take the train, with the crime rate on the Trains to the city, The Blue line and red line, i will not put my wife and kids lives in jeporday. 

The Train is not an option with the number of connections and crime now on the trains, ESPECIALLY at night for the ride home. 

A suburban location with needed the Keenedy or Dan Ryan is the way to go. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

got to diagree with you. don't know how old you are but the Sox were going to move to Addison before that piece of s%*# was built and turned the wrong way with no room for a fan expeirence like Fenway or even Wrigley now. Your going to diasgree heavily with my last statement that i know is a fact, it sucks trying to get to Sox Park on a weekday from the burbs for a 7:10 start. A lot of Sox Fans now live outside of the city. Yes, the South Side is White Sox country but the Sox fans with money now live in the western suburbs. I live in the NW suburbs, used to attend 10 to 15 games a year. With the traffic conditions, starting time and quality of the team, i will not be attending 10 to 15 games this year. Maybe 4 or 5 weekend games. Average traveling time 10 years ago was 50 minutes to an hour, now with the worst expressway system it take up to to 90 minutes to get to a game. addison or arlington heights has much better expressway options. 

And before you bring it up, i will now under no  circumstances will i take the train, with the crime rate on the Trains to the city, The Blue line and red line, i will not put my wife and kids lives in jeporday. 

The Train is not an option with the number of connections and crime now on the trains, ESPECIALLY at night for the ride home. 

In conjunction with the thread title, I believe this means you think a suburban stadium is stupid.

5 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

There are so many things wrong so this post that it’s not even worth debating with you.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

There are so many things wrong so this post that it’s not even worth debating with you.  

That’s your choice not to debate. Attendance will struggle forever until they get rid of current management and the piece of crap location of this ballpark. I get it, you live 2 blocks away and don’t have to travel an hour or more. Don’t have to pay $25 to park and battle crazy rush hour traffic. You have dinner at home before the game, probably if your old enough have a beer or 2 at home before the game and don’t spend any money on the ridiculous concession prices and your  in bed before we even leave the parking lot. My bet is you might not even go to the games. No guts to debate Isn’t that what this is all about, debate, opinions and fun. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I get it, you live 2 blocks away and don’t have to travel an hour or more. Don’t have to pay $25 to park and battle crazy rush hour traffic. You have dinner at home before the game, probably if your old enough have a beer or 2 at home before the game and don’t spend any money on the ridiculous concession prices and your  in bed before we even leave the parking lot. 

Wait, so move the park to Addison or Arlington Heights because it's someone else's turn to do all these things?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

That’s your choice not to debate. Attendance will struggle forever until they get rid of current management and the piece of crap location of this ballpark. I get it, you live 2 blocks away and don’t have to travel an hour or more. Don’t have to pay $25 to park and battle crazy rush hour traffic. You have dinner at home before the game, probably if your old enough have a beer or 2 at home before the game and don’t spend any money on the ridiculous concession prices and your  in bed before we even leave the parking lot. My bet is you might not even go to the games. No guts to debate Isn’t that what this is all about, debate, opinions and fun. 

Traffic sucks, no argument from me.  What is there to debate though?  JR threatened the move to Addison at a time when the majority of baseball was moving back to downtown stadiums.  That trend hasn’t changed.  Suburban stadiums are an antiquated notion now and the Bears org being morons is the outlier.  Do you honestly think that a suburban stadium wouldn’t also suffer from traffic jams?  That parking also wouldn’t still be outrageously overpriced?  That you wouldn’t be sitting in traffic 60-90min even still?  I’m not gonna waste any more brain power because we aren’t going to agree.  But if you want to debate, at least have some factual information next time, and not more of you being afraid of the big bad city. 

• Like 1

We solve AJ's problem with a new attraction.

An area of the 500 deck will be turned into a giant helicopter. It'll take suburbanites home after the game. Piloted by their White Sox personality of choice.

Free food during the ride if they win. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quin said:

We solve AJ's problem with a new attraction.

An area of the 500 deck will be turned into a giant helicopter. It'll take suburbanites home after the game. Piloted by their White Sox personality of choice.

Free food during the ride if they win. 

ok, now we're talking  i'll take it. 

Create a new "600 level" located on the rooftop of the 500 level. Include an "activity zone" complete with rappelling and a rock climbing wall. A lucky winner gets to base-jump off of the roof and make a grand entrace onto the field to deliver the first pitch ball.

"Rooftop seating works for the Cubs, so why not us?"

On 1/30/2023 at 6:49 PM, Tnetennba said:

Traffic sucks, no argument from me.  What is there to debate though?  JR threatened the move to Addison at a time when the majority of baseball was moving back to downtown stadiums.  That trend hasn’t changed.  Suburban stadiums are an antiquated notion now and the Bears org being morons is the outlier.  Do you honestly think that a suburban stadium wouldn’t also suffer from traffic jams?  That parking also wouldn’t still be outrageously overpriced?  That you wouldn’t be sitting in traffic 60-90min even still?  I’m not gonna waste any more brain power because we aren’t going to agree.  But if you want to debate, at least have some factual information next time, and not more of you being afraid of the big bad city. 

It would be interesting to see where the geographic center of the current fan base is; I guarantee you it is no where near 35th and Shields.  It may have been in the early 1900's to the late 1980's, but not a chance now.  Since the Sox located in the southside in 1900 the population, jobs and wealth have all shifted elsewhere.