The 2023 f*** It Thread

hi8is

Let’s hear your ideas folks. Post your hairball ideas utilizing the begin phrase, “Since this team is a dumpster fire.”

I’ll go first:

Since this team is a dumpster fire… let Colson break camp as the starting second baseman.

I've been a fan since 1952 and I'm very close especially after the 2022 season to not giving a **** anymore.

At 77 years old not too many things excite me anymore but I might be pretty excited with new ownership, 41 years of JR and company are enough.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I've been a fan since 1952 and I'm very close especially after the 2022 season to not giving a **** anymore.

At 77 years old not too many things excite me anymore but I might be pretty excited with new ownership, 41 years of JR and company are enough.

Since this team is a dumpster fire…

• Like 1

This team isn’t as much of a dumpster fire because the dumpster fire that was/is TLR finally got put out. 
Im not going to pretend like the sky is falling because of the Clevinger situation. It’s unfortunate, but life goes on (for the team, hopefully Clevinger gets what he deserves). I still believe this team is firmly in position to win the Central. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

This team isn’t as much of a dumpster fire because the dumpster fire that was/is TLR finally got put out. 
Im not going to pretend like the sky is falling because of the Clevinger situation. It’s unfortunate, but life goes on (for the team, hopefully Clevinger gets what he deserves). I still believe this team is firmly in position to win the Central. 

this team is a dumpster fire and you haven't figured that out yet

• Like 1

There are a lot of unknowns, obviously.  The  Sox' chance, such as it is, resides with Cease, Giolito, Lynn and Kopech.  Those 3 could comprise a front-line, that is one of the top 2 or 3 in MLB.  Then perhaps add Tanner Banks for #5:  he provides some product differentiation and the Sox have a couple of lefties in the pen already.

Position wise, just roll with what they have.  If one of the young guys can play solid D at 2nd, we'll be fine there.  Hope that Moncada, Anderson, Robert and Eloy provide real production.

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I would like this team to lose 110 games, hopefully fire everyone, for them to lose fan interest and civic support, and for the fans and others to continue to pressure Jerry to sell. My fondest wish is an ownership change to someone who actually loves this franchise and wants it to succeed.

Everything you said is spot on except for losing 110 games.  That's not enough.  I want them to lose 162.  Let's not leave anything to chance.  Hahn might lawyerspeak around a 52 win season.  

1 hour ago, kgrittenburg said:

this team is a dumpster fire and you haven't figured that out yet

If the Sox are a dumpster fire how do you describe the A’s, Pirates, Rockies and Reds? Things went horribly wrong last year and the team finished .500. With a change of manager and hitting coach plus some better injury luck a 10 game swing is definitely a real possibility. Im not delusional enough to think things are going well and this team is a WS contender, but a dumpster fire is a pretty far reach. 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

14 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

If the Sox are a dumpster fire how do you describe the A’s, Pirates, Rockies and Reds? Things went horribly wrong last year and the team finished .500. With a change of manager and hitting coach plus some better injury luck a 10 game swing is definitely a real possibility. Im not delusional enough to think things are going well and this team is a WS contender, but a dumpster fire is a pretty far reach. 

It’s all relative to expectations. We were sold the idea that this was a team contending for multiple championships.

The A’s, Pirates, Rockies and Reds are not even pretending to be competitive like the Sox are.

• Thanks 1

Since this team is a dumpster fire, I probably should find something else to do with my time, but all the same, I will watch every game that I can, for as long as I can, just because baseball is a beautiful game, that I love dearly . also, as with every previous season, you just never know..

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Snopek said:

It’s all relative to expectations. We were sold the idea that this was a team contending for multiple championships.

The A’s, Pirates, Rockies and Reds are not even pretending to be competitive like the Sox are.

Yeah it definitely depends on perspective…personally I don’t view every team that doesn’t win the WS as a “dumpster fire”, that’s reserved for a few franchises. Not teams with a betting line around 84-85 for wins.
Honest question- if the Sox win 90 games and make the playoffs but lose in the 1st round would you call the season a dumpster fire result?

As far as the 1st part of your post- If an obviously disingenuous man hands you a glass of Kool-aide and you choose to drink it, whose fault is it? I’ve resigned to the fact that the Sox are most likely never going to win another WS under Jerry. Is that ok? No. Is it sad? Yup. But also hard to ignore reality.