Keith Law's Top 100 Prospects (Montgomery is the lone representative)

Sleepy Harold

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox come in at 28th for team rankings 

The White Sox’s system has had a lot of two steps forward, three steps back, with one of the better first-year breakouts last year in Colson Montgomery, who gets Corey Seager comparisons from scouts, but some pretty awful seasons from other high draft picks. They’ve continued to pay their biggest bonuses to Cuban players in international free agency, but since Luis Robert it’s been a string of disappointments. Of the prospects here who still look like they’ll have some major-league value, there’s a nice mix of bats and arms, with some guys who could be starters and some infield depth.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

That Vera write-up is bad. Needless to say, the strength of the system is the middle infield.

It's really hard to see how this guy gets to the bigs before 27 when he is scaling his innings up 10 IP per year from 0 2 years ago. By 2033 he'll be a 100 ip pitcher.

• Thanks 1

From Wes Kath's write up:

The White Sox’ second-round pick in 2021 probably needed short-season ball in his first full season in pro ball, but those leagues don’t exist anymore, so he went to Low A and struck out in a third of his plate appearances at the level, even though he barely faced any lefties.

Thank's Lunhow-Manfred!

1 minute ago, Quin said:

From Wes Kath's write up:

Thank's Lunhow-Manfred!

I still don't know if it's bad though. I still look a guy like Pratto who looked completely overmatched and then turns it on in AA. Maybe this was what he needed, maybe it weeds out a few who would have made it if not for confidence. But looking back great falls did seem to be too marginal a jump from AZ and didn't prepare many for A ball.

This one excites me again.

7. Peyton Pallette, RHP
Bats: Right | Throws: Right
Drafted: No. 62 in 2022

Pallette would have likely been a high first-round pick had he not blown out his elbow before the 2022 season, allowing the White Sox to get him in the second round. Prior to the injury, he’d been up to 96 mph with an above-average curve and changeup, needing to improve his command and control. His arm was late relative to his landing leg, which doesn’t help a pitcher repeat his delivery and might have some connection to arm problems, so there’s some work to do on his delivery when he’s back. I love the pure stuff, though, and he could be a No. 2 starter if he comes all the way back.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Boy does this one jive with what I saw last season.

The Fallen:

Right-hander Andrew Dalquist was one of two high school pitchers the Sox took in 2019, along with Thompson, betting on some upside after they took Andrew Vaughn No. 3 overall. Dalquist was supposed to be a fairly safe command guy with mostly average stuff, but instead, his stuff has ticked up while his command has gone in the toilet. He’s walked 122 guys in 190 pro innings while giving up a lot of hard contact, and he posted an ERA just shy of 7 in High A last year.

Edited by DirtySox

I feel like someone mentioned it was weird ramos didn't make his top 100 after being in his just missed, he acknowledged that Ramos was in his "just missed the just missed" group as a head not to that.

I really feel like the reports of Ramos power plus his very positive make-up/work ethic reports means we have a real chance with him.

Hoping Vera's velocity bounces back after missing so much time from Covid/Shoulder/Lat issues.  I agree with Law's writeup on Thompson the Sox aren't using athletic strengths with his development. I can see a team targeting Thompson and taking off with an organization that does a better job with player development. 

what an exhilarating list. Feels like finally there is some validation on this boards positivity toward that collection of middle infielders.

And exciting to see Ryan Burrowes was included in that top 20, which, hard to see anything from those beautiful DSL box scores. Exciting now for him to be stateside.