The White Sox over/under for 2023 wins is 83.5

Chick Mercedes

20 minutes ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

On the flip side, April is likely the healthiest the team is all season, and when healthy this is a good lineup. Yes, I know the past two Aprils they haven't been at full health, maybe this is the year they escape Spring Training without a major injury.

Yeah no good reason to think they will be unusually healthy specifically in April based on recent history, that’s when they have been the least healthy.

1 hour ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

On the flip side, April is likely the healthiest the team is all season, and when healthy this is a good lineup. Yes, I know the past two Aprils they haven't been at full health, maybe this is the year they escape Spring Training without a major injury.

IF they're healthy it would be hard for them to not be .500.  Unless you actually believe in the Giants/Orioles. Harry just looks at everything through his angry glasses.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That's just stupid. Whoever made that should be fired.

Why? That's about what I expected.

There's a lot of variance for this team based on health and the reliance on unproven players/rookies. They could be pretty good, but with a few injuries or guys not working out, things will go south in a hurry and they could be sellers at the deadline.

Edit: Oh I misread this... I thought the projection was between 74 and 88 wins, not a 74-88 record. Yeah, that's way lower than I'd expect as a median outcome.

Edited by ChiSoxTrojan

On 2/7/2023 at 7:48 AM, ChiSoxTrojan said:

They couldn't even escape the off season without 2 major calamities . Part snake bitten part same old Sox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iwritecode said:

It's not like the Sox have a great history of out-playing their projections.,,

By the looks of it if we are going to beat the projected 74 wins it'll either be 76 or 78 wins !

Also if the Sox finish under the 74 wins it's going to be between 62-68 wins !

Good news all the way around .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

While Rick Hahn had his second consecutive offseason so bad it’s hard to describe, and I don’t think the White Sox are a World Series contender by any stretch, this percentage is BS. I don’t know how you can possibly  have the over under for wins they are sporting, and a 333 to 1 shot of a WS, especially in the division in which they play. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

“The hot takes on ‘the money will be spent’ issue are perhaps among the poorest of White Sox Twitter, in my opinion, my biased opinion,” Hahn said, “I’ve seen that criticism mentioned a few different places, and it’s actually one of the very few that irritates me. Don’t get me wrong: criticism is part of this and to be expected. I just believe they should actually be grounded in fact, which ‘the money hasn’t been spent’ really just isn’t. The fact is that since the time that I made that comment, we’ve made a number of high-dollar commitments.

“That includes guys at or towards the top of the free-agent market like Hendriks, Yas, and (Dallas) Keuchel, as well as long-term commitments to a number of our own core players like Yoán, Eloy, Luis Robert and (Aaron) Bummer. Basically, in terms of either annual salary or total guaranteed dollars, we have significantly surpassed both of those thresholds when talking about ‘the money.’ Plus, no one has said we’re done in terms of potentially adding to this group should the right opportunity arise. And, all this is despite the fact that since the time I made that comment, a global pandemic has wreaked havoc on the revenues of just about every business sector of the economy worldwide. Like I said, criticisms not based in reality bug me.”

https://soxmachine.com/2021/02/white-sox-twitter-rick-hahn-money-will-be-spent/

A certain team from one of the 2-3 smallest MLB media markets has already given out SEVEN contracts for $100+ million in the last decade, and yet another bigger one to Will Myers ($85 million) than the Sox deals to Grandal and Abreu.

A proposed new deal for Machado will be #8, totaling four for over $280 million and that’s not even counting Juan Soto’s $23 million arb deal for 2023. 

A team that encountered their biggest offseason problem in accommodating 50,000+ fans for their FanFest and not having enough autographs to go around even with nearly every member of the roster showing up.

• Like 1

Can’t imagine why they canceled Sox fest with stuff like this.

Such a pathetic franchise. They can only compare themselves to themselves and are so impressed by what good boys they are.

Bring up that we can see the twins sign an actual premiere free agent, that the tigers can sign an actual top free agent, and that the guardians can re sign one of the best players in the game while you were too timid to send a QO to a pitcher that went on to guarantee over $200 million dollars the next two years because you were too scared he’d accept…

well that would pierce their Truman show.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“The hot takes on ‘the money will be spent’ issue are perhaps among the poorest of White Sox Twitter, in my opinion, my biased opinion,” Hahn said, “I’ve seen that criticism mentioned a few different places, and it’s actually one of the very few that irritates me. Don’t get me wrong: criticism is part of this and to be expected. I just believe they should actually be grounded in fact, which ‘the money hasn’t been spent’ really just isn’t. The fact is that since the time that I made that comment, we’ve made a number of high-dollar commitments.

“That includes guys at or towards the top of the free-agent market like Hendriks, Yas, and (Dallas) Keuchel, as well as long-term commitments to a number of our own core players like Yoán, Eloy, Luis Robert and (Aaron) Bummer. Basically, in terms of either annual salary or total guaranteed dollars, we have significantly surpassed both of those thresholds when talking about ‘the money.’ Plus, no one has said we’re done in terms of potentially adding to this group should the right opportunity arise. And, all this is despite the fact that since the time I made that comment, a global pandemic has wreaked havoc on the revenues of just about every business sector of the economy worldwide. Like I said, criticisms not based in reality bug me.”

https://soxmachine.com/2021/02/white-sox-twitter-rick-hahn-money-will-be-spent/

A certain team from one of the 2-3 smallest MLB media markets has already given out SEVEN contracts for $100+ million in the last decade, and yet another bigger one to Will Myers ($85 million) than the Sox deals to Grandal and Abreu.

A proposed new deal for Machado will be #8, totaling four for over $280 million and that’s not even counting Juan Soto’s $23 million arb deal for 2023. 

A team that encountered their biggest offseason problem in accommodating 50,000+ fans for their FanFest and not having enough autographs to go around even with nearly every member of the roster showing up.

Rick has a point the money HAS been spent.

The problem is, it has been spent stupidly, foolishly and without a lot of thought because of an incompetent, dysfunctional and inept from office. 🤡

• Thanks 1