Single game tickets on sale

southsider2k5

Just saw we start at home with a M/W/R day games ... against the Giants. WOOF.  33,000, 9,000, 13,000

There's then another 8 games in between before a 3 game wknd set against the Orioles. 19k, 24k, 22k

Then M/T/W against the Phillies, w/ the getaway day being a day game 12k, 12k, 12k

Followed by a 4 game weekend set to finish the month against the Rays. 14k, 19k, 26k, 21k

I know the Phillies have some talent and made the WS, but my god, is that an awful April schedule to start the home slate. We might average 17,000 in April outside of the home opener (which i dont think even sells out)

And that's probably sold seats. I'd guess the actual attendance will be quite a bit less. 

What a terrible year to be a season ticket holder. A great year to wait until last minute to grab Scout Seats though. I used to do that in the past and grab day off for $100-110. Probably will be my strategy for any games this year too. 

27 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Just saw we start at home with a M/W/R day games ... against the Giants. WOOF.  33,000, 9,000, 13,000

There's then another 8 games in between before a 3 game wknd set against the Orioles. 19k, 24k, 22k

Then M/T/W against the Phillies, w/ the getaway day being a day game 12k, 12k, 12k

Followed by a 4 game weekend set to finish the month against the Rays. 14k, 19k, 26k, 21k

I know the Phillies have some talent and made the WS, but my god, is that an awful April schedule to start the home slate. We might average 17,000 in April outside of the home opener (which i dont think even sells out)

And that's probably sold seats. I'd guess the actual attendance will be quite a bit less. 

What a terrible year to be a season ticket holder. A great year to wait until last minute to grab Scout Seats though. I used to do that in the past and grab day off for $100-110. Probably will be my strategy for any games this year too. 

That's better than a full month of Royals, Tigers and Twins

Tickets went on sale at 2:00 I was curious what was out there.  Tickets are sold out.  Went back in and grabbed two in lower deck for $69 and parking.

Why not it's opening day.  Sure they will be something like 1-5 and Davis Martin will be pitching but no worse then watching Jon Danks give up 5 in the first in the snow. 

Edited by Harry Chappas

You cannot get within a mile of the ballpark right now. This is worse than the super-secret encrypted reparations code I had for backstage passes at Bey.

Taking my burner GF to Bark In The Park. She's a little dog-eared but loves her four-legged friends.    

Classic Stone Pony at Doggie Day: Clean-up in Aisle 6!! 

• 1 month later...

ticket sales have picked up for opening day. 

Looks like the lower bowl is completely sold out save maybe 100 seats. Upper deck is 50/60% bought. Top 5 or 6 rows are mostly wide open, and especially as you go down the lines. Would expect those to get grabbed up as we lead up to the season and if we ever get a break in the weather. Wouldn't be surprised to see 35,000+ which is good to see. 

holy s%*#. never mind. they were playing games and pulled tickets, they just put them back on the market. 

Received an email today about opening day ... every single section has tickets open. 

It's going to be like 25-30k tops at this point. It's not embarrassing to me or to fans, I think it's awesome we finally stood up and said no. But it's very embarrassing for the Sox. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, he gone. said:

holy s%*#. never mind. they were playing games and pulled tickets, they just put them back on the market. 

Received an email today about opening day ... every single section has tickets open. 

It's going to be like 25-30k tops at this point. It's not embarrassing to me or to fans, I think it's awesome we finally stood up and said no. But it's very embarrassing for the Sox. 

everyone releases unsold inventory from Seasons and groups 1-2 weeks before the homestand. brewers did the same, but also offered $6 tickets in crappy locations.

Wow.

I have no problem with them holding some back.  Creating a little demand. 

But that was a crazy drop.  Almost nothing was available this weekend.  Now that looks like a third of tickets are available.

How many ticket packages did they plan on selling these last few weeks? (Yea, we usually sell a dozen packages in late February, better hold back 10,000 tickets just in case).

• Like 1

exactly. the amount they held back is crazy. just shows how poor demand is even on a single game basis. 

For perspective ... 2017 opening day drew 36,500. Batting leadoff was Tyler Saladino. DH was Cody Asche. CF was Jacob May. 

2018 Opening Day was the 6th game of the year ... we were coming off a 67 win season. Yolmer was our opening day 3b, leury LF, Engel in CF, Davidson DH. James Shields got the ball. We drew 33.3k. 

I know there's going to be walkup and tickets sold as we approach the actual day ... but those teams had ZERO hope, zero hype, zero expectations and still were drawing 33-36k. 

Right now I'd have to guess at a glance we're sitting around 23-25k? I'm sure it'll get up to that 31k type number as an absolute bottom. The die hards show up, but that'll show you how the die hards are even being pushed to their limit. I'd call myself a pretty hardcore fan ... I probably averaged watching 130+ games a year, hell probably 150 games a year for a stretch there. I mean, even through years of Jerry Owens and Micah Johnson and all those crappy years ...

I was probably reduced to 70? games last year .... and now I'd probably guess watch 40-50 and go to 2-3 games. I just don't care about this franchise. i'm TIRED of supporting. just worn out. If this team is healthy and comes out swinging I'll probably double those numbers and watch. But I can't take another year of getting hurt on infield fly balls, running to 1st base, not giving a full effort, not working counts, not playing fundamental baseball and seemingly having no care in the world teamed alongside a front office that demands exactly the type of performances they get. Maybe its fans that finally start holding the franchise accountable that sets changes off, but i fear this is probably the begin of another teardown. 

• Like 1