Benetti speaks...

Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

What that story tells me is once Jason is past Sox control, he is gone.

The Sox have his rights from what I was told for this year and next season and that's it without an extension. And I'm guessing you are right...I'd be very surprised if he is still around after 2024.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

About his recent negotiations. Those of you who read my "State of the Sox" story on all the dysfunction in the organization can get a sense of what Jason is hinting at in the story:

Where is your story posted?

Right after the World Series, they let John Rooney, one of the best radio pbp guys in the business, go without a peep.  So it would surprise me if they do the same with JB.

Edited by GreenSox

14 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Right after the World Series, they let John Rooney, one of the best radio pbp guys in the business, go without a peep.  So it would surprise me if they do the same with JB.

But in that case he always preferred the Cardinals and the timing just worked out right...not sure if it was Jack/Joe Buck or Mike Shannon he was originally paired with. Al Hrabowsky?

55 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Roons was already leaving thanks to a new radio deal portending huge paycuts while winning a World Series.  He was pretty disgusted. 

Yeah, definitely not a positive read.

When I see frustrations by the front- line talent met with "that's how we do things here" by management... the only thing i can think of is that "the way we do things here" sounds shitty.

Sounds like the obvious question is "what if the way we've always done things is wrong?"

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

https://www.wsiforumstoo.com/74118-the-state-of-the-sox

I spoke with six sources for the story all connected in a professional way to the franchise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

I'm going to go against the grain here,  because why not risk pissing off some folks 😏 I get there were probably some frustrating moments for Jason, and knowing who is in the Sox FO, nor do I doubt it. And I do understand his desire to "diversify his portfolio" and how it even benefits the Sox in some ways. 

However, if I were the Sox I'd probably be equally as frustrated. They have to go out and find guys that can do the same job on a part-time basis. There's a reason we get people like Beckham filling in. The broadcasters that have talent have actually full-time broadcasting jobs. IMHO, Jason needs to pick something and stick with that. 

Also, I think it was unprofessional for Jason to speak to reporters about his frustrations regarding the signing process. Talk about it after you leave/retire. Or not at all.

Sox aren't the only ones at fault here... this is a 2 way street.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I'm going to go against the grain here,  because why not risk pissing off some folks 😏 I get there were probably some frustrating moments for Jason, and knowing who is in the Sox FO, nor do I doubt it. And I do understand his desire to "diversify his portfolio" and how it even benefits the Sox in some ways. 

However, if I were the Sox I'd probably be equally as frustrated. They have to go out and find guys that can do the same job on a part-time basis. There's a reason we get people like Beckham filling in. The broadcasters that have talent have actually full-time broadcasting jobs. IMHO, Jason needs to pick something and stick with that. 

Also, I think it was unprofessional for Jason to speak to reporters about his frustrations regarding the signing process. Talk about it after you leave/retire. Or not at all.

Sox aren't the only ones at fault here... this is a 2 way street.

Not to worry when you have Gord Gold Beckham at the ready.