Sox trade for German

Heads22

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Denlinger is a blacksmith. Maybe they just needed some forged metal? The baseball bat axe thing is pretty sweet tbh

https://instagram.com/denlinger_forge?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In reality it is a trade that could be a nightmare.  Theo was one of those metrics picks.  They LOVED his spin rates.  Then he had a TJS, so it will be interesting to follow him and see how he comes back.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I love how some posters want so bad to be mad about this. Lol. 

German was BoSox minor league pitcher of the year in 22. 

Plus... what did we give up?

If this were headlined as the marquee acquisition of the offseason, yes - time to be mad. For what it is, it's a good move.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In reality it is a trade that could be a nightmare.  Theo was one of those metrics picks.  They LOVED his spin rates.  Then he had a TJS, so it will be interesting to follow him and see how he comes back.

Scratch that, I had Theo mixed up with Tanner McDougal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Marketing department missed opportunity, lol…could have had forges/foundries lined up as giveaway day/night sponsors.

Honestly thought it was Domingo German to add starting depth.

Hope homie does good for the BoSox.

This one kind of saddens me as Denlinger and I went to the same high school, tho a decade and a half apart. A friend of mines daughter is married to Theo's brother. Shortly after Theo was drafted I met him at my local tavern and talked to him for quite awhile regarding the draft process and the things the White Sox instructed him to work on and things like that. It was quite interesting. I was really hoping he would make it with the White Sox.

13 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox signed Chris Shaw to a minor league contract. Basically a 29 yr old who's played Indy ball the last couple years. LH 1st base, LF and RF guy.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=shaw--000chr

He has some good minor league stats until COVID.  Wonder what happened to him and why he was out of the minors so fast