2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

Along the lines of massive weight loss however, what made Eloy think he can play 25-30 lbs overweight? Inquiring minds want to know how you can hope  compete for an outfielder job like that? A real organization is trading off mental weakness from the roster. It should not take your job getting populated by outsourced talent before you look into the mirror and self evaluate how your career is going.  

Edited by Chick Mercedes

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

So you think Giolito would look like JJ Watt in pads…

You think everyone's body type is the same when they gained weight? Dude clearly looked alot bigger last season. Even if you don't want to give him the 280 label, fine. But no doubt in my mind he was at 265+ and it showed.

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

We haven't had a ton of video yet, but Eloy sure doesn't look 25-30 lbs lighter. I would have guessed 10. 🤷

But hopefully this gets him back to his above average speed. This team all got VERY slow last year.

I think part of the reason they looked slow last year was because Tony told everyone to not hustle. 

I thought Eloy looked pretty thin in this clip. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Might be a bit of a hot take but between Gio, Katz and Hahn’s comments on Liam and his presence, I’d be surprised if he isn’t back by June. 

I imagine it could quickly go either way. Makes sense as to why they’re putting off any updates until one can more accurately be made.

Couldn’t hope for better news so far though.

33 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Might be a bit of a hot take but between Gio, Katz and Hahn’s comments on Liam and his presence, I’d be surprised if he isn’t back by June. 

That would be amazing. Guess it all depends on how early it was caught and how he responds to treatment? I'm honestly pretty shocked he's there given what his body has been thorough. Good for him.

• Love 1