2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sure, but its really not a big deal.  He was just saying that it would be helpful if everyone was pulling from the same rope.  Big deal. 

Which actually agrees with exactly what has been said over and over again about the clubhouse, but TA said it so...

Just now, ron883 said:

Lol! This is typical discourse with SS2K5 when you have absolutely nothing to back up your stance. Just admit you were talking out of your ass and move on. 

This is typical discourse from you.  Your very first post in here was trolling the group with all of the "woke" BS.  Excuse me if I can't take you seriously right now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is typical discourse from you.  Your very first post in here was trolling the group with all of the "woke" BS.  Excuse me if I can't take you seriously right now.

Where in this thread did I say "woke"? Hint: I didn't. 

2 hours ago, Heads22 said:

this is going well

I'm trying to figure out if he said "ima just stfu" like he meant, I said what needed to be said, or like, "I can't believe what I said actually aired so from now on I'm just keeping my mouth shut." Hard to discern what his intent behind his response is to the podcast...

• Like 1

This new Score host standard of implying you know things but not saying them is such bullshit.

Im not surprised by the TA comments. Mentioned it before but the front office being such cowards in their availability with fans have hung the players out to dry to receive the bulk of the anger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

This new Score host standard of implying you know things but not saying them is such bullshit.

Im not surprised by the TA comments. Mentioned it before but the front office being such cowards in their availability with fans have hung the players out to dry to receive the bulk of the anger.

This is a good point. They always say they knew about clubhouse turmoil, etc after a story like this comes out. It's complete bogus

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know how people don't hear it, but the dude is a wreck.  He is completely torn down and at rock bottom. We already saw Abreu change his tune and leave, and now this from TA.  Something is just poisonous.  Hopefully it was just Tony, but Jesus this franchise just ruined fun for two of the happiest players in baseball.

Not defending the organization at all, but TA obviously has a lot of personal s%*# going on that has/had to be affecting his play, then an injury plagued season on top of it. He just seems defeated. 

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

You didn’t in *this* thread.  But you did elsewhere.  And the idea that you of all people went the hardest on TLR last year is laughable, even from a hack troll like you.  

Let's not act like you weren't a TLR bootlicker at times

24 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I'm trying to figure out if he said "ima just stfu" like he meant, I said what needed to be said, or like, "I can't believe what I said actually aired so from now on I'm just keeping my mouth shut." Hard to discern what his intent behind his response is to the podcast...

I’m gonna assume it’s from the comments on Chuck’s Twitter post. 

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Awful behind the scenes, as in currently?  Funny how doing nothing to fix their dysfunction magically didn’t solve things. 

They sure seemed to imply that the organization blames the media for all the negativity from last year and this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They sure seemed to imply that the organization blames the media for all the negativity from last year and this year.

It shouldn’t surprise me that they are laying the blame at anyone but themselves.  But seriously, everyone involved needs to look in the damned mirror. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

-Media put DHs and first basemen in the outfield

-Media hired a senile old man to run the team

-Media left major position holes on the roster

-Media made poor rotation decisions 

what else did media do. Derail a train?

• Thanks 1