2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

It shouldn’t surprise me that they are laying the blame at anyone but themselves.  But seriously, everyone involved needs to look in the damned mirror. 

Pedro is smooth in front of media. But maybe he’s got a couple faces. Someone planting that seed of victimization into the team might be a way of binding them together and getting a fighting edge. Pedro is the Energy guy right? It would be difficult to just force them to get some physical energy in their bones without first getting them them mentally into the  foxhole.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Holmes and Rahimi were implying/flat out saying things are awful behind the scenes with the Sox

670 the score ain't even close to half it used to be.   Mike North would be saying exactly what is going on and the whole station can’t get into specifics of any team because they are afraid to face the noise.  Clickbait BS.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yes they were clear it wasn’t just cause of Tony

If you bring in a shitty boss and crater a happy workplace, it doesn't automatically factory restore with a FNG, even if they are good. Trust and relationships could be gone forever. 

And who knows what else happened behind the scenes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Tim’s comments do not really warrant this type of outrage. Let’s see how he performs this year.

The Score hosts do not know s%*# about anything “behind the scenes.” Let’s see how they perform this year. 

What you are running into is a poorly executed offseason did not hit the reset button on this franchise and didn’t take the distaste of last season out of the fans mouths. So when TA basically throws shade on everyones reaction to last year this is 1000 percent warranted. Ownership and GM have brought this upon themselves and fans have every right to be skeptical if you’ve watched idk any White Sox baseball over the last decade or so. Most fans don’t want to hear it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ron883 said:

What other players this year have made comments similar to what TA said?

Nobody went after Tony harder than I did last year, but we can't keep blaming him for this season. 

Yes I can.  I was one who said to give Tony a chance, but after last year I totally blame him for the downturn in team energy and performance.  Listening to player's talk about doing drill's in Spring training that were never asked of them previously is telling.  

12 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

670 the score ain't even close to half it used to be.   Mike North would be saying exactly what is going on and the whole station can’t get into specifics of any team because they are afraid to face the noise.  Clickbait BS.

North is fucking garbage and the world is a better place with him not on the air

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

The only thing that will rectify any of this is winning, and winning big. Or a brand new front office and ownership. Which one is more likely 🤔

Winning big isn’t happening without substantial change, and the festering rot goes all the to the top.  Sadly, change doesn’t seem to be on the horizon any time soon. 

I don't really have any issue with what Tim said. I'm going to give them a little leeway to start the year to see what team we have. Especially after the Andrus signing I feel alot better. But after a couple of months we should really know what's in store. 

• Like 1

I haven’t watched the clip or read the interview, but I genuinely don’t care about what Tim said.  Athlete’s are people too, and none of us are in their shoes.  I also don’t care at all about the baby mama drama.  None of my concern.  I only care that he shows up, stays healthy and performs on the field.  This whole org is a dysfunctional mess with very little public accountability, and they seem to grow more insular with every foible and misstep.  It is unfair that the players seem to be taking the brunt of the criticism when the ills go much deeper.  None of the players have been put in the best position to win the past two years and frustration all around is justified.  The rot however starts at the very top and we know that isn’t changing any time soon.  Winning would paper over a lot of this mess, but my hopes are not high. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I don't really have any issue with what Tim said. I'm going to give them a little leeway to start the year to see what team we have. Especially after the Andrus signing I feel alot better. But after a couple of months we should really know what's in store. 

In a couple months if there’s winners in town, this will all be tabled. Of not, at least Tim will be out of excuses for the team. Unless he doubles down blaming fans/media for poor baseball 

16 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Tim’s comments do not really warrant this type of outrage. Let’s see how he performs this year.

The Score hosts do not know s%*# about anything “behind the scenes.” Let’s see how they perform this year. 

Let's be real, if Tim wasn't coming off a down year where his inability to stay healthy and perform was a big factor in the overall team's lack of success -- this would be a non story.

To me, it still is a non story, let him talk. But as a Sox fan (not just a TA fan) imma need a good year. I was shocked that he only had a .96 ISO last year. Those are Nick Madrigal numbers. Elevate and pull the ball. Stop looking oppo on every fastball down the middle. Maybe with two strikes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

White Sox signed LHP Ricardo Sánchez to a minor league contract.

Sánchez made a trio of relief appearances for the Cardinals during the pandemic-shortened 2020 season and spent last year at the Triple-A level between the Phillies and Tigers, finishing with an underwhelming 4.95 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 103/41 K/BB ratio across 116 1/3 innings (26 starts). The 25-year-old left-hander is merely upper-level organizational starting pitching depth for the White Sox entering the 2023 season.