2023 Spring Training Thread

ChiliIrishHammock24

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Right—the highlighted language does not show that at all.  “Criminal” and “unlawful” are not synonymous terms.  Something can be “unlawful” and subject you to civil liability without being a crime.  That is the case in a civil conspiracy claim, and the reason such a claim is brought in a civil case rather than resolved through criminal prosecution.

Ok so what is the unlawful but noncriminal violation are you all accusing of the white sox of then, again?

30 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Ok so what is the unlawful but noncriminal violation are you all accusing of the white sox of then, again?

Okay. Got it. Wanted you to respond to my question before I made a presumption. 

But now that I know what you were going for, I can state that you are unequivocally wrong.  

Just now, Sox72 said:

But now that I know what you were going for, I can state that you are unequivocally wrong.  

Suck it up and take a message board loss, champ. 

• Hawk 1

54 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

If I’m wrong that would mean he was using the term conspiracy theory correctly, which would mean he was in fact saying the sox were committing either a criminal or unlawful act. As I was trying to clear up. So my question is what is the unlawful act in question

Cause this is somehow still going.

Merriam-Webster's Definition of Conspiracy

: the act of conspiring together
They were accused of conspiracy to commit murder.
a
: an agreement among conspirators
uncovered a conspiracy against the government
b
: a group of conspirators
a conspiracy made up of disgruntled aristocrats

Definition of conspire

a
: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement
accused of conspiring to overthrow the government
conspired to monopolize and restrict trade
b
: SCHEME
: to act in harmony toward a common end
Circumstances conspired to defeat his efforts.
… the sun and the wind conspired to make splinters out of solid wood.
—B. J. Oliphant

Because a word can have multiple definitions, the original intent being made was that the front office was acting in harmony toward the common end of keeping Oscar Colas away from the toxic 2022 White Sox clubhouse, which is not a criminal act.

• Hawk 3

3 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

If I’m wrong that would mean he was using the term conspiracy theory correctly, which would mean he was in fact saying the sox were committing either a criminal or unlawful act. As I was trying to clear up. So my question is what is the unlawful act in question

Once again, you are. For some reason, you're still choosing to ignore the word "harmful" in the definition of conspiracy. Something harmful does NOT need to be unlawful. For those of us that still value literary comprehension, one could argue that the White Sox choosing not to promote an outfielder that was playing extremely well while the major league roster was in dire need of someone that was healthy and could (hopefully) provide a boost offensively was "harmful" to the major league club. Since the non-promotion can be deemed as "harmful" in this case to the prospect of the major league clubs success, it would therefore validate my totally 100% super cereal conspiracy theory claim. 

• Love 1

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1633890464482078721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1633890464482078721%7Ctwgr%5E91bde430d8816e6495b8a37b8fb342cc30624539%7Ctwco

n%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soxon35th.com%2Fwhite-sox-update-giolito-od-starter-montgomery%2F

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 4

On 3/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I don’t know.  I have no dog in this fight, just trying to use one thing I do know about (law) to help clear up an apparent misunderstanding about the meaning of a legal term.  Carry on.

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1633890464482078721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1633890464482078721%7Ctwgr%5E91bde430d8816e6495b8a37b8fb342cc30624539%7Ctwco

n%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.soxon35th.com%2Fwhite-sox-update-giolito-od-starter-montgomery%2F

Damn Iguchi looks great. I can’t remember is he managing now?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Bauer signed with a Japan team.  Surprised someone didn't give him a deal (yet) here.

Sounds like a good move at 4M and coercive sodomy is not illegal there.