Spring Training 2023 Predict the Fluff Pieces

Texsox

Somewhere a front office person is teaching a few phrases to the players. 

"Sox showing a new energy" 

"Hoping to stay healthy"

"It's not a distraction because he wasn't really ever on the team"

"We're really going to like playing for him"

"I'm hear to do what I can to help this team win a championship"

24 minutes ago, wegner said:

"Hey is that Frank Thomas, The Big Hurt?"...."You mean The Big Hunk!!"

Oh sorry it's early and I thought the thread said to predict the commercials.

A few players on this team could be called 'The Big Hurt' but only for the amount of time they spend injured.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Montgomery being groomed by TA7 to be the next Sox star SS...not to mention the Indiana roots and basketball similarities between the two.

CHICAGO -- "Colson Montgomery interacted with shortstop Tim Anderson when Montgomery was called up a couple of times from the Minor League side to big league Spring Training last year..."

Colas in best shape of his life again...has cut his body fat percentage to 3.8%, time to 1B out of LH batter's box now top quartile in league and even has demonstrated a willingness to fill in for Crochet this year as  short reliever.

Edited by caulfield12

They have already been tweeting Yaz working vids as if that’s enough to get everyone hyped.  I’m sure their social media will start churning out the fluff as camp opens while pretending like fans don’t know they did f*** all all off-season and now everything is just magically fixed…

“If Dylan Cease, Lance Lynn, Lucas Giolito, Michael Kopech, and Mike Clevinger all start 30 games, everything in the rotation ought to look hunky-dory. But if there’s an injury or two, things get dark — and I mean in the Darren Aronofsky sense — very quickly.” 

“The White Sox did so many things well while building up the team, but they face-planted as soon as it was time to compete. Once the fun began, the discipline in the team’s decision-making disappeared. Want the 1980s manager for no reason? Sure! Need to solve the problem of two of your best young bats both essentially being designated hitters? Split the difference and have neither of them be the DH! Surely all that money you were going to use to sign Manny Machado will go towards other budgetary needs? Nope? Well, you’ve got Leury Garcia.”

https://www.soxon35th.com/fangraphs-zips-projections-reveal-clear-white-sox-holes/

26 minutes ago, pcq said:

This team has great chemistry and the talent to go ALL THE WAY. 

My guess it'll be all stuff about the new manager. This team is considered a dull collection of possible stars who have proven nothing so far. The manager needs to cure this sense of doom, blah attitude surrounding an oft-injured team. There should be constant talk of injuries and a desire to prevent them. Hope that happens.

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Eloy is looking fantastic out in right field

Now up to 80 mph on his throws after working out at Drive like during the offseason.

Also wearing a new sensor on his belt that detects fences and/or netting from ten yards away and starts beeping progressively louder as he nears aforementioned obstacles.

• 2 weeks later...