When do Sox put Anderson on the trading block?

oldsox

Let’s see where we stand in mid June and go from there. Impossible to answer right now. 

If Sox are in contention, they aren’t trading TA. If I had to guess, TA plays out his current contract as a Sox, and he signs elsewhere for 2025 season. And that is just fine with me assuming Sox are playing good ball next two seasons. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

I don't think that Anderson will bring what some think. He just came of an injury-ridden season and there were rumors of personable problems. 

I hope that Sox players how important this season is. Anderson should be one of them.  I also hope someone impresses upon him how good he can be. Skip the theatrics and play ball.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hopefully never. They have a marketable potential star who has embraced the Southside and its culture moreso than any other player to play here. Pay him and keep him as your face.

Face of what? 

5 minutes ago, The CashMan said:

Have you seen what SS are going for on the market? They should have called the Mets when that deal fell through.

Most teams are so flush with cash that they’re willing to spend tons of money to fill holes, but they’re hoarding prospects when they have them.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If Montgomery continues to look llike the reincarnation of Cory Seager, and the Sox struggle, TA is definitely trade bait. But if they are winning, I doubt they trade him.

What about the opposite?  If TA is playing well and we're looking like a decent team, do we trade Montgomery for help?

I pray we don't.

I read on the CWS site that they think Montgomery could be switched to third base. Both Andersons and Moncadas contracts  have 2 years to go. Maybe they might sign Anderson and put Montgomery at third base in 2025.

Edited by WBWSF

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If Montgomery continues to look llike the reincarnation of Cory Seager, and the Sox struggle, TA is definitely trade bait. But if they are winning, I doubt they trade him.

on what planet is Montgomery looking like the reincarnation of Cory Seager?

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I read on the CWS site that they think Montgomery could be switched to third base. Both Andersons and Moncadas contracts  have 2 years to go. Maybe they might sign Anderson and put Montgomery at third base in 2025.

Anderson to catcher to fulfill the prophecy.  

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I wouldn't sign Anderson to an extension at his age. If Montgomery can't play SS and has to play 3B, play Moncada at 2B and if he cries about it that's too damn bad. 

• Like 2