Holmes wonders about JR's "desire"...

Lip Man 1

6 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Holmes and Bernstein are Sox bashers.  Not one word escapes their lips that is not negative. 

I tune in to their radio station to hear sports news and find myself quickly turning them off.

Remember, before you except their opinion, that their main talent is running their lips for three hours.

There isn’t much good to talk about, Mike.  They are literally in the middle of a controversy because their newly signed pitcher has an accusation of domestic violence and Child abuse.  They also did only one thing this entire offseason after they were the most mediocre unrealized potential team in the league, they signed that pitcher.

so please, let me know when there is some good stuff to talk about.  Because the score white Sox talk pretty much mirrors the topics and discussion of Pale Hose Talk right here 

• Like 11
  • Fire 2

32 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Holmes and Bernstein are Sox bashers.  Not one word escapes their lips that is not negative. 

I tune in to their radio station to hear sports news and find myself quickly turning them off.

Remember, before you except their opinion, that their main talent is running their lips for three hours.

Give me 3 reasons to be optimistic.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NO!!MARY!!! said:

Embarrassing??? Puh-leeze. They lost to better teams. If you were embarrassed, that’s on you. 

Neither Seattle nor Tampa Bay were better teams in 2000 or 2008.

But even if we agree these two teams were far superior and unceremoniously booted the Sox from the playoffs in these years the point is that Cleveland has been in the postseason far more than Jerry’s Sox.  He should be embarrassed.

Edited by FloydBannister1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Neither Seattle nor Tampa Bay were better teams in 2000 or 2008.

But even if we agree these two teams were far superior and unceremoniously booted the Sox from the playoffs in these years the point is that Cleveland has been in the postseason far more than Jerry’s Sox.  He should be embarrassed.

Seattle yes.  Sox pitching/injuries and whole team slumped second half.

Rays win that 2008 series 4/5 times. Injured Quentin and on the road.  Had the sense going in they were cooked and really victory was the Black Out Game due to Hahn's son calling coin flip to prevent game going to the Metrodome.

7 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Dylan Cease. Andrew Vaughn. Andrew Benintendi.

So 1 guy we’re counting on to be the same as last year, 1 guy we’re hoping is finally being put in a position to succeed (replacing a fan favorite), and one guy who is a positional upgrade over the second guy you mentioned?

…meh.

12 minutes ago, JoeC said:

So 1 guy we’re counting on to be the same as last year, 1 guy we’re hoping is finally being put in a position to succeed (replacing a fan favorite), and one guy who is a positional upgrade over the second guy you mentioned?

…meh.

Well, essentially Benintendi is replacing AJ Pollock/Eloy to be more accurate.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, essentially Benintendi is replacing AJ Pollock/Eloy to be more accurate.

I considered that angle, but I consider Eloy to be replacing Eloy / Pollock.

Vaughn is replacing Jose, and Benny is replacing Vaughn.

at least that’s how I view it, when all’s said and done.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:37 PM, NO!!MARY!!! said:

Embarrassing??? Puh-leeze. They lost to better teams. If you were embarrassed, that’s on you. 

The fact that it’s been 18 years since we’ve been the “better team” and have had the “better team” once in over 100 years is embarrassing to me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JoeC said:

…meh.

I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic Eloy, Robert, Kopech and Vaughn could all have breakout seasons. To a lesser extent Crochet looks like he'll be back earlier than predicted. Joe Kelly is healthy, as are Grandal, Lynn and Moncada. Grifol and his staff are an upgrade over LaRussa and the fired coaches. We are more left handed and should hit RHP pitching better with Benintendi and Colas.  Colas could surprise us all and have a good rookie season and throw out some runners which the OF rarely did last year.

It's all how you look at it. Nothing anyone says can change your mind if you choose to be sour during spring.

"Holmes and Bernstein are Sox bashers.  Not one word escapes their lips that is not negative. "

They have always bashed the Sox and always will, like some internet trolls do. Their purpose is to take the joy out of being a Sox fan and turn positive energy and enjoyment of the game into negativity and sarcasm.  It's easy to be a wise guy and they are pros at that game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic Eloy, Robert, Kopech and Vaughn could all have breakout seasons. To a lesser extent Crochet looks like he'll be back earlier than predicted. Joe Kelly is healthy, as are Grandal, Lynn and Moncada. Grifol and his staff are an upgrade over LaRussa and the fired coaches. We are more left handed and should hit RHP pitching better with Benintendi and Colas.  Colas could surprise us all and have a good rookie season and throw out some runners which the OF rarely did last year.

It's all how you look at it. Nothing anyone says can change your mind if you choose to be sour during spring.

Its going to be a playoff year for the White Sox. White Sox fans will be dancing in the streets  this October.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:39 PM, Leonard Zelig said:

The Sox just signed a free agent to the largest contract in franchise history!!

...which is smaller than at least 3 contracts handed out by the Twins, who were ironically a candidate for contraction within most of our lifetimes.

21 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Compared to last year there is reason to be optimistic.

But to me, MAYBE getting back to where the team should have been 12 months ago is not a reason for optimism. I'll cheer loud and proud here in Detroit, but I'm by no means optimistic.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/cardinals-righthander-ryan-loutos-discusses-unique-path-to-pro-baseball/

White Sox need to do more "thinking outside the box" things like this...

A computer science major, the Cardinals coveted Loutos as much for his potential fit as a front office candidate as they did for his skill as a baseball player. The organization quickly put him to work, collaborating with the analytics department to build player reports and interfaces.

Headed to the Arizona Fall League after the completion of Memphis’ season, Loutos sat down and spoke with Baseball America about his journey from a Division III nondrafted free agent to a Triple-A reliever moonlighting in his free time as a front office staffer.

This conversation was lightly edited for clarity: