Spring Broadcast Schedule

Heads22

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Whatever happened to the webcasts?  Seems like an easy way to “broadcast” w/o interfering with Jason’s other commitments. 

Yea, I thought King did a really good job on those webcasts. They haven't done those since when, 2021 now? Maybe 2020? Just stupid to think the Sox have become LESS accessible over the years to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yea, I thought King did a really good job on those webcasts. They haven't done those since when, 2021 now? Maybe 2020? Just stupid to think the Sox have become LESS accessible over the years to watch.

Covid probably shut those down now that I think of it.  This is the first normal spring training in a few years, but you’d think they would bring them back.  Unless it’s just another lazy cost savings and they hope no one notices or remembers.  

12 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Covid probably shut those down now that I think of it.  This is the first normal spring training in a few years, but you’d think they would bring them back.  Unless it’s just another lazy cost savings and they hope no one notices or remembers.  

Yea, you're probably right about COVID, but like you said, all/most restrictions are gone, so not restoring those webcasts is only going to hurt fans. I loved watching the top prospects get a shot and with 8 Sox players in the WBC this year, there will be a lot of chances to watch some prospects play. It's a shame.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:44 PM, Tnetennba said:

Whatever happened to the webcasts?  Seems like an easy way to “broadcast” w/o interfering with Jason’s other commitments. 

I watch most spring training games on the MLB Network on YouTube tv, but since they dropped that app, I no longer have access to that channel . they have games almost every day, and I call this really bad timing, right before spring training games start . I still have mlb.com, but I enjoyed the games on the MLB Network.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:08 PM, caulfield12 said:

Only excuse is Bulls and Blackhawks?

No sponsors left to sell advertising to...to offset production costs?

Who exactly watches their non-live programming? 

Sigh.

The bulls and blackhawks 2pm replay ratings must be through the roof to bump potential live sox games.

• Haha 1