Andrus to the Sox, expected to play 2B, 1 yr, $3 mil

Heads22

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Because it's irrelevant. I am talking about his production level that can easily be proven by looking at his career statistics.

That’s fair. You don’t consider the baseball IQ side of things when evaluating a player. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I was just curious. 

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

in the last 9 years he’s only done that 3 times and he’ll be 35. 

He’s had a long career we can draw on, and really it comes down to now whether he can provide a dominant offensive year for him (slightly above average) or if he’s giving us a Leury year (which he has 75% of his career)

And he loses the D advantage is WAR for playing SS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So much for all the fluff stories this past week about how "great" Romy looks. 😁

Not sure Romy kGonzalez story is fluff as much as Andrus is just good infield insurance. I would have been  real surprised if Sosa is deemed ready goths Bigs. Gonzalez and Andrus can be a team and also play in multiple spots. My wonder what do the do with Garcia? 

9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Not sure Romy kGonzalez story is fluff as much as Andrus is just good infield insurance. I would have been  real surprised if Sosa is deemed ready goths Bigs. Gonzalez and Andrus can be a team and also play in multiple spots. My wonder what do the do with Garcia? 

Leury's spot on the roster looms so large now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I can think of 10 million reasons why Leury's on the team. I wonder is this means Romy is the back up OF instead of Hamilton or Marisnick or Reyes or if he's headed to a very crowded Charlotte infield.   It does mean that Sosa has, in the immortal words of Hawk, no chance.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Watch he records a -0.6 fWAR after losing his hitting coaches from last year.

I don't think Menechino had a lot to do with the amount of HR's he hit with the Sox or the 2.0 fWar he produced in less than 2 months.

Of course that 3.5 fWar from last year means he's still capable of doing it even at his age. They needed the depth regardless. Let's just hope our home park was more suited to his abilities.

54 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If I had to have a beer with one person from this message board, you would easily be my last choice. You’re such a loser. 

Bad decision. You can’t have a beer with someone who knows as much about baseball, draft prospects, and the inner workings of the White Sox like he does every day. He truly is a baseball genius.

• Thanks 1

• bmags unpinned this topic