2023-24 NFL Season Thread

IT can work both ways. On one hand - go too long and maybe the team pushing hardest decides to go another direction. Plus if you move down to 2 (and get Houston's pick) - you than potentially are sitting back in the catbird seat again looking at drumming up one more set of trade downs.Ā  Will be very interesting to see what / who the Bears end up dancing with.Ā Ā 

Bears are hiring Luke Steckel from the Titans as part of the offensive line staff.

Ā 

Steckel interviewed for the Chargers OC job this year, so it sounds like a pretty good hire. Good to have a guy like that in house. If the offense goes off next year Getsy probably gets a head coach job.Ā 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

IT can work both ways. On one hand - go too long and maybe the team pushing hardest decides to go another direction. Plus if you move down to 2 (and get Houston's pick) - you than potentially are sitting back in the catbird seat again looking at drumming up one more set of trade downs.Ā  Will be very interesting to see what / who the Bears end up dancing with.Ā Ā 

I have been saying since the #1 pick was on the horizon that double trade from 1 to 2 and then to 4 or later is the windfall they need.Ā  The Houston flip for a 2nd and 3rd then the next flip is the big haul.

Unless Houston has to have their guy like that idiotic trade that Pace did for Mitch, I don't think Houston gives much.Ā  Maybe recoup the #2 that they gave for Claypool and a #2 next year.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I have been saying since the #1 pick was on the horizon that double trade from 1 to 2 and then to 4 or later is the windfall they need.Ā  The Houston flip for a 2nd and 3rd then the next flip is the big haul.

Unless Houston has to have their guy like that idiotic trade that Pace did for Mitch, I don't think Houston gives much.Ā  Maybe recoup the #2 that they gave for Claypool and a #2 next year.

Ā 

If it works great but it just feels far fetched. If Ballard refuses to move to 1 for the price, feels like he'd also refuse to move to 2.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

If it works great but it just feels far fetched. If Ballard refuses to move to 1 for the price, feels like he'd also refuse to move to 2.

I donā€™t think Ballard has many choices right now to be honest, it feels like Irsay is done with the bullshitĀ 

Payne got franchised. That makes me a sad panda. Makes me wanna stay in the top 4 that much more after kinda being open to falling lower.Ā 

Ā 

They need an impact player on that DL.Ā 

Ā 

I like still like Hargreaves and the guy from Denver though.Ā 

14 hours ago, scs787 said:

Payne got franchised. That makes me a sad panda. Makes me wanna stay in the top 4 that much more after kinda being open to falling lower.Ā 

Ā 

They need an impact player on that DL.Ā 

Ā 

I like still like Hargreaves and the guy from Denver though.Ā 

Will the impact player on the DL be Jalen Carter? Looks like that dude is in some serioius legal trouble!Ā 

5 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Will the impact player on the DL be Jalen Carter? Looks like that dude is in some serioius legal trouble!Ā 

Just the Bears luck. They get the 1st overall pick and the QB class sucks limiting what they can get in a trade and the top defensive player did this. Be really interesting to see what goes on with him.Ā 

Ā 

I've heard some people saying Tyree Wilson is right up there with Will Anderson so I guess that's a plus.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Just the Bears luck. They get the 1st overall pick and the QB class sucks limiting what they can get in a trade and the top defensive player did this. Be really interesting to see what goes on with him.Ā 

Ā 

I've heard some people saying Tyree Wilson is right up there with Will Anderson so I guess that's a plus.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The QB class does not suck. The QB classĀ last year sucked.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

The QB class does not suck. The QB classĀ last year sucked.

Ehhhh, maybe suck isn't the right word. I just don't think it's good. There's no sure thing at the top like there should be next year.Ā 

Ā 

I've now seen drafts with Richardson at #1 too. I've seen all 4 up there and idk if that's a good or a bad thing.Ā 

23 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Ehhhh, maybe suck isn't the right word. I just don't think it's good. There's no sure thing at the top like there should be next year.Ā 

Ā 

I've now seen drafts with Richardson at #1 too. I've seen all 4 up there and idk if that's a good or a bad thing.Ā 

Stroud and Young are pretty nice at the topĀ 

28 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Stroud and Young are pretty nice at the topĀ 

Both are nice, but I'm just saying neither are "Generational talents."

If this was next year I think the returns would be larger.Ā 

Ā 

Side note, I'm really starting to fall for the DT outta Pitt. Early on I remember mocks having him going in the 2R but I don't think there's a shot that happens. I can see him going top 15 and I would not mind him being a Bear depending on how far they fall.

14 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Both are nice, but I'm just saying neither are "Generational talents."

If this was next year I think the returns would be larger.Ā 

Ā 

Side note, I'm really starting to fall for the DT outta Pitt. Early on I remember mocks having him going in the 2R but I don't think there's a shot that happens. I can see him going top 15 and I would not mind him being a Bear depending on how far they fall.

The bears aren't unlucky because a generational talent is there, a QB like Caleb Williams appears to be is a once or twice a decade type guy, they would have been extremely lucky if that guy was there. This draft has 4 top ten qbs maybe. Last year or a 2013 type draft would have been unlucky.

54 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I refuse to believe any Ohio State quarterback is going to be good, so either give me Young or Levis

I think stuff like this is silly. No chain of highly picked qb failures was worse than the ā€œJeff tedford QBsā€ and then he produced Aaron rodgers. ohio st recruits great qb prospects and lets them throw deep to great receivers. But most QB prospects fail.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think stuff like this is silly. No chain of highly picked qb failures was worse than the ā€œJeff tedford QBsā€ and then he produced Aaron rodgers. ohio st recruits great qb prospects and lets them throw deep to great receivers. But most QB prospects fail.

i've made my irrational point and i stand by it

• Haha 4