2023-24 NFL Season Thread

35 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I love it! 

I know there was a lot of talk about 3 number 1s, but I'm not sure what else you get with that. This 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and a guy who is absolutely a number 1. 

I believe Moore gets you a #1 - so I think this actually is 3 #1's. I recall teams offering that last season and I don't imagine his rate would have changed between than and now.  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I believe Moore gets you a #1 - so I think this actually is 3 #1's. I recall teams offering that last season and I don't imagine his rate would have changed between than and now.  

He absolutely would. The Bears gave up a 2nd for Claypool, partly because the Packers were also offering a 2nd. DJ Moore could absolutely be traded for a 1st round pick this offseason. 

In a situation where the Bears don't have a need for a QB, they did very well in collecting assets that will help this team in the next 3-4 seasons, including next season. The first part is done. Now they need to hit on those picks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I see Moore as more of a good #2. He caught 21 TDs in 5 seasons and Brown caught 23 in just 3 with Titans. Brown is definitely a bigger body guy with better measurements and a legit red zone target.

Put it this way, if Bears were to trade the #1 pick and take a $20M cap hit I would expect a chance at a franchise changing defender or a #1 receiver in addition to future picks.

They still have a chance at a franchise changing defender if Carter falls. I really don’t understand what else you expect from this trade aside from swapping Moore for a 2025 first round pick?

3 hours ago, T R U said:

Yep, this seems light to me for the #1 pick

What would you have expected?

2 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

It is not incredibly team friendly. I wouldn’t even call it team friendly. WR is one position you get good production immediately from rookie contracts. See 2022 Mooney. 

Age 25, reasonable length and contract terms for a team with close to $100M in cap room. What’s not to like? Remember Kevin White? What if the WR from TCU or OSU are a bust?

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He still has a s%*# QB.

And who would you suggest they go out and get to fix or replace that s%*# quarterback?

Edited by The Beast

22 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They still have a chance at a franchise changing defender if Carter falls. I really don’t understand what else you expect from this trade aside from swapping Moore for a 2025 first round pick?

What would you have expected?

Age 25, reasonable length and contract terms for a team with close to $100M in cap room. What’s not to like? Remember Kevin White? What if the WR from TCU or OSU are a bust?

And who would you suggest they go out and get to fix or replace that s%*# quarterback?

They should have got more 1st round picks, not a late second this year and another 2nd in 2025. How you only acquire one 1st round pick when trading the 1st overall pick makes little sense to m

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

They should have got more 1st round picks, not a late second this year and another 2nd in 2025. How you only acquire one 1st round pick when trading the 1st overall pick makes little sense to m

They got 3 first round picks. 
1 this year

1 next year

DJ Moore

If you swap DJ Moore for a 2025 1st round pick would you like the trade?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

They got 3 first round picks. 
1 this year

1 next year

DJ Moore

If you swap DJ Moore for a 2025 1st round pick would you like the trade?

They swapped 1 for 9, that’s not gaining a first round pick. 

and even if you believe Moore is worth a first round pick, you can do a lot more with the actual draft capital than a player who has already been extended out of his rookie deal. 

Edited by T R U
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

They swapped 1 for 9, that’s not gaining a first round pick. 

and even if you believe Moore is worth a first round pick, you can do a lot more with the actual draft capital than a player who has already been extended out of his rookie deal. 

Moore is absolutely worth a first round pick. He’s 25 years old and has three years left on a friendly deal. Go look at his numbers and then look who has been throwing the ball for the past four years. He is definitely a #1 WR. 

This is a fantastic trade for the Bears. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I don’t buy that at all

1. Think most would believe Jay Glazer over you

2. Taking that out of the equation, I think everyone would agree DJ Moore has more value than Chase Claypool did last year. If multiple teams offered a second round pick for Claypool, is it really that hard to believe Moore would hold the value of a first? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Tony said:

1. Think most would believe Jay Glazer over you

2. Taking that out of the equation, I think everyone would agree DJ Moore has more value than Chase Claypool did last year. If multiple teams offered a second round pick for Claypool, is it really that hard to believe Moore would hold the value of a first? 

Yeah it is, and I doubt it happened. 

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Even if you don’t believe that, how can you look at his production over the past four years, along with who has been throwing him the ball, and not think he’s a legitimate #1 WR?

Because he's made up his mind, logic and facts be damned. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Even if you don’t believe that, how can you look at his production over the past four years, along with who has been throwing him the ball, and not think he’s a legitimate #1 WR?

Buddy, I never said he wasn’t good. Also, you realize Justin Fields isn’t a good QB right? Can you delusional Bears fans stop pretending like DJ Moore is moving from trash to treasure. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Because he's made up his mind, logic and facts be damned. 

Lol now his report is fact? How about all the people reporting the past week about Brady coming out of retirement to play for Miami. Those were high profile names too. I guess that’s fact too huh?

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Buddy, I never said he wasn’t good. Also, you realize Justin Fields isn’t a good QB right? Can you delusional Bears fans stop pretending like DJ Moore is moving from trash to treasure. 

Enjoy Tua

Just now, T R U said:

Lol now his report is fact? How about all the people reporting the past week about Brady coming out of retirement to play for Miami. Those were high profile names too. I guess that’s fact too huh?

Provided me one high profile name that reported Brady is "coming out of retirement to play for Miami." Show me an actual report from a "high profile name" Show me

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Provided me one high profile name that reported Brady is "coming out of retirement to play for Miami." Show me an actual report from a "high profile name" Show me

Go look it up yourself asshole, I’m not getting into a pissing contest with you over shitty bears football. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, T R U said:

Go look it up yourself asshole, I’m not getting into a pissing contest with you over shitty bears football. 

Of course you won't provide any evidence, because you're full of s%*#. Amazing the attitude from a...*checks notes*...Dolphins fan lol 

This exchange is such a perfect encapsulation of society today. You spew bullshit, cling to an opinion that is clearly false, get provided evidence you’re wrong, you cling deeper to your beliefs, then when asked to provide any actual evidence for said beliefs, you run away. 

What a p****. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 6

For the record - I would have preferred getting the Panthers other 2nd (plus the one we already got) and a 2025 1st vs Moore. 

I’d than take my chances on finding a wideout and having the shot at getting two blue chip players in next two years on rookie deals with those high end picks. 

Hindsight 20/20 - do this trade and don’t do the Claypool trade but revisionist history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T R U said:

So in your mind, they should have gotten one this year and one each year over the next three years?

1 hour ago, T R U said:

If Fields isn’t good, then what do the Bears do? I’d love to hear more from naysayers about what the Bears need to do if he’s not the guy.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Why so defensive?