2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

And you can find articles that say the Bears robbed the Panthers. Local media is always gonna spin it. 

My opinion is that none of the QBs in this draft are worth giving up a haul for, so the Bears made out just fine. I know there were suggestions that the Bears trade Fields and draft a guy with 2 extra years of control, but I'd rather have 3 years of Fields than 5 years of any of these guys.

These draft trades are pretty straight forward. Unless you value Moore as a third round pick or lower this is right in line with other trades. But so would tell you there is no chance in hell the giants wouldn’t have paid their #26 pick for DJ Moore this year.

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I want Broncos tackle, one of the right tackles, and Edwards (Bills lb is still pretty young).  

I like Jones a lot, but I kinda want Hargraves. Looks like he's a good locker room guy and I think a veteran presence would be good for all the good young defensive lineman they probably bring in. Honestly wouldn't mind Fletcher Cox too. 

While we're at it, get Kelce over here too. 

Edited by scs787

I feel like today will be more annoying than exciting. Any top player signs will be like "why didn't we get him" and anyone that signs will be like "they overpayed" and both will be true?

That said, I hope we get an out of nowhere top player (we have a lot of developmental secondary players, it'd be nice to get an established guy). The nice thing about DJ Moore is that was the one position there was no chance we'd be able to really solve in FA. Everywhere else we can at least land solid starters.

Though actual starting pass rushing edges ...probably not.

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Depends on what they do in free agency, but I think they go BPA if they solve the line today with some signings. 

I think that's likely especially with this pronounced "7 blue chippers" from the bears. But that means bears fans may want to prepare themselves for one of the top CBs to go too.

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So, the OSU LT or the OSU WR

If they move one of Mooney or Claypool - than I'll take the wideout, otherwise I really can't see how you can take a wideout.  Feels like one of the offensive tackles is where they go - or top dlinemen remaining.  

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think that's likely especially with this pronounced "7 blue chippers" from the bears. But that means bears fans may want to prepare themselves for one of the top CBs to go too.

Yeah I'd be fine with Gonzalez or Witherspoon if they're still there at 9. The secondary is probably the best part of the defense right now, but it's still not very good. Adding a top-end CB could help a lot. You could probably move Gordon to slot corner where he might not get as exposed as he did last year on the outside. 

His stats were fantastic last year - obviously was surrounded by a lot of talent but total contract was very reasonable. 12M guaranteed over 3 years.  Evidently they are going hard after McGlinchey and Jones (although I think Jones is headed to Browns).  

I'd like one more LB - this is a deep FA class and you can probably get two really good ones for the price of one Roquan Smith (maybe even a little less).  

I feel like if they can't get Jones - they will pivot to Hargraves though.  

3 minutes ago, scs787 said:

He of the undrafted Wisconsin ilk. 

Mike McGlinchy and Isaac Semula(Eagles LG) are being talked to as well. 

He of the superbowl winning Eagles.  

I would love to have Sanborn prove me wrong, I want the bears to win.  I just don’t think he will because he is slow, and he needs to be fast