2023-24 NFL Season Thread

Any interest in a trade back with Washington that involved Chase Young?  No idea if that is realistic or not and obviously you are buying into him being healthier and playing to his natural talent level with Bears. Allows you a potential high end DE while still grabbing a pretty good tackle, although more likely you are grabbing at RT at that spot.  

A lot of smoke out there that Carter is who Bears will grab and I tend to agree - if they stay at 9, I think they are taking a Dlineman, if they move down, I think its an OT.  With all that said - I have zero issue taking Paris at 9 (if he is there). 

With all that said - I still say 10% chance they grab the top DB and we are all left shocked.  My gut says our FRP will be an OT as I don't see one of the top Dlinemen being there.  

23 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Any interest in a trade back with Washington that involved Chase Young?  No idea if that is realistic or not and obviously you are buying into him being healthier and playing to his natural talent level with Bears. Allows you a potential high end DE while still grabbing a pretty good tackle, although more likely you are grabbing at RT at that spot.  

A lot of smoke out there that Carter is who Bears will grab and I tend to agree - if they stay at 9, I think they are taking a Dlineman, if they move down, I think its an OT.  With all that said - I have zero issue taking Paris at 9 (if he is there). 

With all that said - I still say 10% chance they grab the top DB and we are all left shocked.  My gut says our FRP will be an OT as I don't see one of the top Dlinemen being there.  

If Carter is there I don’t see how they can pass on him even with his legal issues.  I don’t see him getting passed the Raiders though 

7 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I hope they go OT or a pass rusher gets to them.  No Jalen Carter.

I'll be somewhat shocked if their first round pick, whenever that happens, isn't an OL or DL

Bijan would be insanely fun, but yeah, it's gotta be OL/DL. 

Pipe dream is a trade back with Pittsburgh to get 32 back and one of the 4 OTs are there. I don't think there's a large disparity between the 4 so I'd have no issues with any trade back. 

No issues taking Carter if he's there. 

I think Kancey will be the surprise of the draft and he goes top 15. 

Edited by scs787

Bears have a young RT and LT now and should be set. Bears so many holes one draft can’t fill all needs. I just hope Carter is not the next Warren Sapp. Don’t hate the pick any RT in the SEC who gave up no sacks in 426 Snaps is a very good player.

Edited by Soxfest

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Bears have a young RT and LT now and should be set. Bears so many holes one draft can’t fill all needs. I just hope Carter is not the next Warren Sapp. Don’t hate the pick any RT in the SEC who gave up no sacks in 426 Snaps is a very good player.

19 straight games without a sack is impressive. 

Some people might bring up his size and why they didn't just sign Brown Jr... Brown Jr ran a 5.85 40, Wright ran a 5.01. 

I guess I’m fine that they made the move they did. Carter might not be the best fit in terms of culture even if he’s great on the field. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite the Bears. At least Carter isn't a Lion. Van Ness May sack and gyrate at Fields like Raji did to Cutler. My guess is they go defensive end next time. Wright is fine, I am glad they didn’t risk the pick on Skoronski. 

I didn’t see the Texans trade up to number three and I wonder if they dealt their first round pick in 2024 or if they traded the Browns 2024 first round pick.

Edited by The Beast

I was a Jalen Carter guy and I got excited seeing him drop to 9, and was shocked to see Poles pass on him, but honestly if you'd told me last night they would be picking Darnell Wright I would have done a fist pump. I'm over that shock now, and I love the pick, dude is a beast, fills the biggest hole on the team, and they got a 4th for free because Poles was probably targeting Wright the whole time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I guess I’m fine that they made the move they did. Carter might not be the best fit in terms of culture even if he’s great on the field. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite the Bears. At least Carter isn't a Lion. Can Nees May sack and gyrate at Fields like Raji did to Cutler. My guess is they go defensive end next time. Wright is fine, I am glad they didn’t risk the pick on Skoronski. 

I didn’t see the Texans trade up to number three and I wonder if they dealt their first round pick in 2024 or if they traded the Browns 2024 first round pick.

I’m almost certain they kept the browns pick and traded theirs.

6 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I was a Jalen Carter guy and I got excited seeing him drop to 9, and was shocked to see Poles pass on him, but honestly if you'd told me last night they would be picking Darnell Wright I would have done a fist pump. I'm over that shock now, and I love the pick, dude is a beast, fills the biggest hole on the team, and they got a 4th for free because Poles was probably targeting Wright the whole time.

Somehow I wasn’t surprised at all to see the Bears pass on him. They clearly did their homework so if they weren’t sold on the personal issues, I won’t complain. 

Do have to hit on the lineman, I’ve seen the Bears miss on several first round OTs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Somehow I wasn’t surprised at all to see the Bears pass on him. They clearly did their homework so if they weren’t sold on the personal issues, I won’t complain. 

Do have to hit on the lineman, I’ve seen the Bears miss on several first round OTs.

Had to have never been on Poles's board, so he knew the Eagles wanted him bad and said hey, I already know who I'm picking and it's not Carter, might as well get a free pick