2023-24 NFL Season Thread

5 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Had to have never been on Poles's board, so he knew the Eagles wanted him bad and said hey, I already know who I'm picking and it's not Carter, might as well get a free pick 

I wonder if the rumors of the Steelers wanting to move up for Carter were true or the Bears leaked that because they had decided not To take him and they wanted to see if they could push Philly to move.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I wonder if the rumors of the Steelers wanting to move up for Carter were true or the Bears leaked that because they had decided not To take him and they wanted to see if they could push Philly to move.

Poles was also being cagey and made it sound like he was considering it too. My supervisor is an Eagles fan (we're at work) and he was salivating, yelled and clapped when they took him

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

I was a Jalen Carter guy and I got excited seeing him drop to 9, and was shocked to see Poles pass on him, but honestly if you'd told me last night they would be picking Darnell Wright I would have done a fist pump. I'm over that shock now, and I love the pick, dude is a beast, fills the biggest hole on the team, and they got a 4th for free because Poles was probably targeting Wright the whole time.

I think they were hoping for Paris - Cardinals did amazing today by the way. When Paris was gone - wright was the right guy and while I personally would have taken Carter I get it. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think they were hoping for Paris - Cardinals did amazing today by the way. When Paris was gone - wright was the right guy and while I personally would have taken Carter I get it. 

Nobody did better than the Eagles though, holy s%*#. They've been taking risks for years and every single one has paid off 

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Had they moved to 17 there would have been no offensive tackles left except Harrison who is pretty weak strength wise.

8 hours ago, lostfan said:

I was a Jalen Carter guy and I got excited seeing him drop to 9, and was shocked to see Poles pass on him, but honestly if you'd told me last night they would be picking Darnell Wright I would have done a fist pump. I'm over that shock now, and I love the pick, dude is a beast, fills the biggest hole on the team, and they got a 4th for free because Poles was probably targeting Wright the whole time.

I liked pretty much all the tackles but am so happy the bears prioritized a guy with strong pass pro. Can’t have two young tackles that can just be bull rushed all game.

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Somehow I wasn’t surprised at all to see the Bears pass on him. They clearly did their homework so if they weren’t sold on the personal issues, I won’t complain. 

Do have to hit on the lineman, I’ve seen the Bears miss on several first round OTs.

The Bears hadn't drafted an olinemen in the top 10 in over 40 years. This finally broke that streak.

What I've seen said about Wright is that he should be a fantastic RT.

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t know if I have seen soxfest optimistic and even a little excited about a bears pick before this draft 😂

I don't think I've seen an optimistic post from him period. I saw he was posting and I was ready to respond.  Idk how I feel about this. Lol.

Really hope the Northwestern guy falls. I'd even think about trading up for him. But yeah like someone else said I'm hoping for 2 DL and a center(preferably Tippman)

Haha at Orsay. That said - I don’t like the idea of Bears reportedly looking to move up. I think price would be too strap - even though a Porter would be pretty good value or if they had their eye on a plus dlinemen - the bears just can’t afford to do it. 

I would prefer they make one move slightly back with one of the picks and end up with maybe 4 picks today instead of 3. 1 olineman, 2 dlinemen, and a db/rb/te. 

42 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Haha at Orsay. That said - I don’t like the idea of Bears reportedly looking to move up. I think price would be too strap - even though a Porter would be pretty good value or if they had their eye on a plus dlinemen - the bears just can’t afford to do it. 

I would prefer they make one move slightly back with one of the picks and end up with maybe 4 picks today instead of 3. 1 olineman, 2 dlinemen, and a db/rb/te. 

To me it all depends on how they value the DLineman left. If they think a guy like the NW kid or someone else as a first round talent, I'd definitely give up a couple 4th to move up. 

Also interested to know what the Bears think of Whitehair/Pack guy at OC. If they like em, maybe they wait on OC. 

Edited by scs787

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t know if I have seen soxfest optimistic and even a little excited about a bears pick before this draft 😂

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Well that explains what happened to Soxfest :)

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

I don't think I've seen an optimistic post from him period. I saw he was posting and I was ready to respond.  Idk how I feel about this. Lol.

Really hope the Northwestern guy falls. I'd even think about trading up for him. But yeah like someone else said I'm hoping for 2 DL and a center(preferably Tippman)

Settle down gentleman 😉

Edited by Soxfest
  • Haha 2

On 3/21/2023 at 10:39 AM, scs787 said:

Mel Kiper just said the Northwestern DLineman, who I won't even try spelling, could go as high as TEN in the draft! I know he blew up the combine, but damn! The PFF mocks routinely have him available for the Bears in the 2nd round. 

Good call Mel.