Leury not on OD Roster per DVS

Vote4Pedro

• Vote4Pedro changed the title to Leury not on OD Roster per DVS
12 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Faaack!!!

I had successfully erased Dr. Death from my memory, ya fargin' bastage.

May you forget to remove the ball hitch from the back of your truck and you whack your shin on it so hard that you ruin your favorite shirt rolling around in your grocier's parking lot yelling a bunch of stuff you can't say on TV.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Yet the owner who throws nickels around like they are manhole covers, hasn't fired Hahn for his incompetence. 

And the owner in CLE who only throws nickels X infinity around are for transcendent franchise players like Jose Ramirez and potentially Shane Don't Call Me Justin Bieber.

Also interesting bordering on intriguing to see how the financial constraints of the Bally/Sinclair fallout affect the Guardians' financial flexibility this year.

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

38 million down the drain and he still hasn't enough to prove he sucks at his job apparently

That's just recently, if you go back to the start of his tenure (say Keppinger for example) he's wasted a lot more than that.

Although to be fair Hahn doesn't make these decisions in a vacuum. Kenny's still involved and the Sox talent evaluation people make recommendations at both the major and minor league level.

They need to be held accountable too. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

38 million down the drain and he still hasn't enough to prove he sucks at his job apparently

Why commit lot money to one player over long time, when you can give money to many player over small time?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

Why commit lot money to one player over long time, when you can give money to many player over small time?

Death by a thousand cuts.  8-10 solid players but we are right back to 2013-2016 again.  Not enough talent infusion from the minors and failures across the core.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's just recently, if you go back to the start of his tenure (say Keppinger for example) he's wasted a lot more than that.

Although to be fair Hahn doesn't make these decisions in a vacuum. Kenny's still involved and the Sox talent evaluation people make recommendations at both the major and minor league level.

They need to be held accountable too. 

Totally agree. Also, it’s important to note that he isn’t the only GM in the game to make signings that didn’t pan out. plenty of examples of this happening every season, the main reason they aren’t the big dollar failures is because the owner is a cheap ass. 

Hahn also is largely responsible for making the trades that infused serious talent into the team i.e. kopech, moncada, cease, Eloy etc… those were some great moves that really positioned the team to make a championship run. Unfortunately the corresponding moves to push the team over the top didn’t pan out and we’ve been left with the roster we currently have.  He’s done an ok job overall in my opinion given the constraints, nepostism and favoritism he has to deal with as part of the WS front office. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bighurt4life said:

Totally agree. Also, it’s important to note that he isn’t the only GM in the game to make signings that didn’t pan out. plenty of examples of this happening every season, the main reason they aren’t the big dollar failures is because the owner is a cheap ass. 

Hahn also is largely responsible for making the trades that infused serious talent into the team i.e. kopech, moncada, cease, Eloy etc… those were some great moves that really positioned the team to make a championship run. Unfortunately the corresponding moves to push the team over the top didn’t pan out and we’ve been left with the roster we currently have.  He’s done an ok job overall in my opinion given the constraints, nepostism and favoritism he has to deal with as part of the WS front office. 

I agree with this. Hahn has spent a lot of money on garbage free agents that did not pan out, but being hamstring by KW and JR hasn’t helped. My anger is more directed at JR for not spending much when other teams drastically improved.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Now is he not on the roster because he's being released, or is he not on the roster because they are going to IL him?

Fegans article said Leurys locker was cleared out yesterday. He gone. I assume order of events will be DFA, clearing waivers and then being granted his release. Then he signs elsewhere for MLB min, saving Sox $700k of the $11M due and Leury is back in the big leagues in under 10 days. 

Edited by ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fegans article said Leurys locker was cleared out yesterday. He gone. I assume order of events will be DFA, clearing waivers and then being granted his release. Then he signs elsewhere for MLB min, saving Sox $700k of the $11M due and Leury is back in the big leagues in under 10 days. 

He was so awful last year, I bet he's going to have to play minor league baseball if he wants to continue his career. With $11 million coming to him the next 2 seasons, and probably no paydays after that, he may be done.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He was so awful last year, I bet he's going to have to play minor league baseball if he wants to continue his career. With $11 million coming to him the next 2 seasons, and probably no paydays after that, he may be done.

I highly doubt that but we’ll find out soon enough. Definitely think a rebuilding type club would take him for the major league minimum.

That said, I wouldn’t blame him for collecting $11 million while doing nothing. Good gig if you can get it.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I highly doubt that but we’ll find out soon enough. Definitely think a rebuilding type club would take him for the major league minimum.

That said, I wouldn’t blame him for collecting $11 million while doing nothing. Good gig if you can get it.

I just don't know the upside. He was the worst hitter in baseball last year, and generally a below average player in a best case scenerio. He isn't going to be flipped for anything. He isn't going to show your young players how to play. Unless you are tanking and want to lose, it's the only appeal to have him on the roster. 

• Like 1