Leury not on OD Roster per DVS

Vote4Pedro

11 hours ago, bighurt4life said:

Hahn also is largely responsible for making the trades that infused serious talent into the team i.e. kopech, moncada, cease, Eloy etc… those were some great moves that really positioned the team to make a championship run. 

He also caused the need to infuse the team with talent, by trading away young talent that they already had on hand for pennies on the dollar (mis-evaluting both the players he traded away and those he traded for).  And then the little move to pick Kimbrel over Rodon arguably cost the team the division (despite the myriad of other issues such as injuries/LaRussa).
But it's a new season, the team looks fresh and improved, and so does the farm  (if things need shaking up).

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I just don't know the upside. He was the worst hitter in baseball last year, and generally a below average player in a best case scenerio. He isn't going to be flipped for anything. He isn't going to show your young players how to play. Unless you are tanking and want to lose, it's the only appeal to have him on the roster. 

Yeah - I see zero reason why a non-contender would give Leury at bats. I kind of see a scenario where someone wants depth that is a decent team and leverages him, likely after some injuries impact their squad and than he has to hope he starts hot out of the gate in that utility role and thus gets himself a job.

I wonder if he'll ultimately accept assignment back with the Sox (or if that was even an option).