Mark Buehrle should be a Hall of Famer, says ChatGPT

joejoesox

Normally, I wouldn't think Buehrle would be a Halll of Fame candidate. But if you compare him to today's starting pitchers who think they do their jobs with six innings, Buehrle stands out. You can't argue with his consistency and durability. Drysdale is in with two less wins. Buehrle also has two no-hitters and came within one batter of having two perfect games. The guy knew how to pitch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Highland said:

Normally, I wouldn't think Buehrle would be a Halll of Fame candidate. But if you compare him to today's starting pitchers who think they do their jobs with six innings, Buehrle stands out. You can't argue with his consistency and durability. Drysdale is in with two less wins. Buehrle also has two no-hitters and came within one batter of having two perfect games. The guy knew how to pitch.

To me Buehrle is in the "Hall of Very Good." He was consistent, durable, and dependable, but never stood out. The Hall, like it or not, is filled with players who had similar careers to Buehrle, with a stretch or two of dominance built in there. MB was always one of the better pitchers in the game, but rarely was he in the conversation among the best in the league for a given season.

59 minutes ago, JoeC said:

To me Buehrle is in the "Hall of Very Good." He was consistent, durable, and dependable, but never stood out. The Hall, like it or not, is filled with players who had similar careers to Buehrle, with a stretch or two of dominance built in there. MB was always one of the better pitchers in the game, but rarely was he in the conversation among the best in the league for a given season.

Nobody is saying he should've been a first ballot hall of famer though. The Hall of Fame has hundreds of guys who made it on later ballots, who fit the criteria of "just very good"