Barstool Baseball Presents: A Conversation With Chicago White Sox Shortstop Tim Anderson.

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 hours ago, GREEDY said:

I'm surprised no one has called out the bit around the 21:00 minute mark.

If Tim doesn't get an extension by this time next year, I worry that he will be insufferable.  2 full years remaining on what essentially was only a 1 year extension and he is already taking shots.  

Anyone else on the roster talks about Benintendi's deal like that... I don't think it goes well.

Tim clearly says he's been "knocking on that door" (asking for a new deal).  "But it is a shame it be like that" (that the Sox don't do long term deals).  Then immediately says they just signed "who - for what". 

You can clearly see where his mind went: he was asking for an extension and they spent the money on this dude.  Completely disrespectful to a teammate.  

Nothing Tim said was incorrect, and we all know, everyone probably would think this way if in his shoes, but it is just bad for a teammate to say these things out loud.  And someone in the room might have agreed because he does say "I'll shut up", almost like someone told him to.

TA also ironically points out he needs more than that (5/75) because he is in the SS market.  I found this amusing.  He better hope he is still in that market, because I think the guy is a LF which would put him in that identical market.  With Benintendi as the closest comp.  Can't wait. 

This seems like a terrible misrepresentation. Tim is complaining about the org. Then says he's not looking in the LF dollars market and it's a shame because the org doesn't go bigger than that. He literally says "dudes a great player" after he brings it up. Don't feel like there was any shot at andrew. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This seems like a terrible misrepresentation. Tim is complaining about the org. Then says he's not looking in the LF dollars market and it's a shame because the org doesn't go bigger than that. He literally says "dudes a great player" after he brings it up. Don't feel like there was any shot at andrew. 

LF/veteran catcher/Cuban intl. market to be more precise.

Dylan Cease will become the next big lingering contract question mark...or Vaughn if he performs really well this year.

So Giolito and Anderson already on way out the door...Lynn perhaps not far behind.

Edited by caulfield12

46 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I listened to it again.  He brings up the "business side of things" completely unprompted.  Says he's been "knocking at that door". Takes a shot at the "history of things".  Then "come on man, the white sox just signed, who for what, and that was what.... dude is great, good player, Great player, happy for him". 

He is 1000% expressing frustration with the Sox signing Benintendi instead of paying him.  I can't ever remember a current player complaining about a teammate's signing.  

Dude is a clown and will somehow get a pass.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

I listened to it again.  He brings up the "business side of things" completely unprompted.  Says he's been "knocking at that door". Takes a shot at the "history of things".  Then "come on man, the white sox just signed, who for what, and that was what.... dude is great, good player, Great player, happy for him". 

He is 1000% expressing frustration with the Sox signing Benintendi instead of paying him.  I can't ever remember a current player complaining about a teammate's signing.  

Dude is a clown and will somehow get a pass.  

Of course he takes a shot at the history of things. The org is a flat out embarrassment. Never signing 100 million dollar player as one of 4 organizations in baseball. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Of course he takes a shot at the history of things. The org is a flat out embarrassment. Never signing 100 million dollar player as one of 4 organizations in baseball. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with him taking that shot at Jerry.  I included it because it helps demonstrate that he was indeed complaining he didn't get a new deal.  

And for the record, I think it is fine if he feels this way... privately.  Everyone wants to get paid.  Every player who feels they have exceeded their current deal would love a new deal every single offseason.  I bet if you privately polled MLB players, 90% would think they deserve a new deal this season.  How many have we heard from?  How many took a shot at their teammate getting money when they didn't?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Some embarrassing comments in his interview with Chuck, but that’s no surprise. I’m ready for the Montgomery era after 2023.

Been ready for a change and was hoping they’d deal him this off-season when the last SS signed. He’s a good player with a crap attitude and it was clear as day last year. Feel bad for Chuck because he’s just trying to do his job and has never called out TA personally if I can remember correctly. For as much water carrying as Chuck gets called out for I don’t get it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Been ready for a change and was hoping they’d deal him this off-season when the last SS signed. He’s a good player with a crap attitude and it was clear as day last year. Feel bad for Chuck because he’s just trying to do his job and has never called out TA personally if I can remember correctly. For as much water carrying as Chuck gets called out for I don’t get it

Who cares? My goodness. Nothing he said in that garfein interview was meaningful.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who cares? My goodness. Nothing he said in that garfein interview was meaningful.

Tired of the who are you to criticize this team attitude / mentality from the organization, players, GM, old coaching staff etc throughout the years. Tim telling Chuck that there might be certain players who close themselves off to him because of his criticism…. that is coming from your so called leader of the clubhouse or the straw that stirs the drink as they say…..that has soft written all over it. What Lawrence Holmes said on 670 wasn’t wrong. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Him being stupid enough to threaten Chuck with access to the team if he didn't stop being critical... on a podcast is meaningful.  It demonstrates what a moron Tim is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And the Royals not only ripped up Sal Perez's first extension because it was too advantageous to the club, they gave up another $82 million sunset extension out of appreciation.

And all this from a small market.

Plus they (fortunately) outbid the Sox for Alex Gordon, or the White Sox would have been even more screwed.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because Jerry hasn't done exactly that for 40 years now.

Difference between the owner doing it privately and the team captain doing it in a public setting like he did with a guy who carries more water for this franchise than anyone else not named Scott Merkin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Jerry does nothing in public.  But the teams still knows this.

I don't think anything Tim said in either interview was necessarily wrong.  I think all guys want to get paid.  I think all guys get jealous when other guys get paid.  I think all guys hate it when people, especially their own network guys are critical of them.

I am dumbfounded that he said these things out loud and it is downright shocking that he said them on the record, publicly.  Unless this team wins a World Series in the next two years I see almost no scenario where Tim doesn't burn every bridge in town before he is traded or his contract runs out. 

4 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Difference between the owner doing it privately and the team captain doing it in a public setting like he did with a guy who carries more water for this franchise than anyone else not named Scott Merkin

That Tim isn't a coward hiding?

And second seeing the boss do it wouldn't embolden the rest of the team to pick up on that vibe?

While he might not be a coward like JR is he should 1000 percent expect blow back from fans and media when he comes out and says that. While I don’t think he necessarily said anything wrong except threatening Chucks access we all saw the lack of give a s%*# that seemed to be all over his face last year. Some fans just simply don’t want to hear it from your supposed team leader

14 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

While he might not be a coward like JR is he should 1000 percent expect blow back from fans and media when he comes out and says that. While I don’t think he necessarily said anything wrong except threatening Chucks access we all saw the lack of give a s%*# that seemed to be all over his face last year. Some fans just simply don’t want to hear it from your supposed team leader

Tim wouldn't be saying it if the last two years weren't a complete disaster.  Take what we went though as fans and imagine it as a player. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tim wouldn't be saying it if the last two years weren't a complete disaster.  Take what we went though as fans and imagine it as a player. 

At least he gets a paycheck....as a fan I sometimes question "why do I pay to see this s%*# show?"

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I get Tim is a fan favorite and some would never dare criticize him but how does any of what you just stated become the fans or medias fault? How dare anyone criticize him or the team? That’s literally the part of the medias job, report the good and bad, not paint a picture with rose colored glasses acting like everything is perfect. As for fans they have the right to boo especially those who pay to go to the game. From the players perspective yes it is even more frustrating it’s their job but they also know the criticism comes with the job just like the praise does 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I get Tim is a fan favorite and some would never dare criticize him but how does any of what you just stated become the fans or medias fault? How dare anyone criticize him or the team? That’s literally the part of the medias job, report the good and bad, not paint a picture with rose colored glasses acting like everything is perfect. As for fans they have the right to boo especially those who pay to go to the game. From the players perspective yes it is even more frustrating it’s their job but they also know the criticism comes with the job just like the praise does 

Poor, poor Tim. Imagine making a pittance while working for that monster Tony La Russa? You and everybody else have no right to criticize him. If anything, Chuck Garfein owes him an apology. 

I just hope Tim can get his career back on track after the damage TLR did to him. 

16 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

You are reading a lot into what was said. There is a difference between understanding where someone is coming from and the rest of it. People want a target, and as a loud black man Tim is it for many.

There is a ton of putting words into his mouth going on too. No he didn't need to talk. Yes he is fragile right now, which is one of the 1st things I said here, and a lot of what he is saying is a product of that. They were put into an awful situation,  failed, and the world turned on them. If this team doesn't fix the damage done inside of the clubhouse,  the stuff on the field doesn't have a chance. 

• Like 1