Barstool Baseball Presents: A Conversation With Chicago White Sox Shortstop Tim Anderson.

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are reading a lot into what was said. There is a difference between understanding where someone is coming from and the rest of it. People want a target, and as a loud black man Tim is it for many.

There is a ton of putting words into his mouth going on too. No he didn't need to talk. Yes he is fragile right now, which is one of the 1st things I said here, and a lot of what he is saying is a product of that. They were put into an awful situation,  failed, and the world turned on them. If this team doesn't fix the damage done inside of the clubhouse,  the stuff on the field doesn't have a chance. 

Where did I ever mention the color of the man’s skin at in any post ever on this board? I never once have looked at him that way or targeted him because of his skin color. But when you have a s%*# ass attitude towards criticism that’s where I point out where I think he is wrong. Another player who has a s%*# attitude and deserves every ounce of criticism is Moncada. Too many times he acts like He doesn’t want to be on the field. Attitude goes a long way especially for players that haven’t won a thing

Edited by Vote4Pedro
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Where did I ever mention the color of the man’s skin at in any post ever on this board? I never once have looked at him that way or targeted him because of his skin color. But when you have a s%*# ass attitude towards criticism that’s where I point out where I think he is wrong. Another player who has a s%*# attitude and deserves every ounce of critique is Moncada. Too many times he acts like He doesn’t want to be on the field. 

I mentioned Tim's skin because it 100% colors a lot of opinions towards him.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mentioned Tim's skin because it 100% colors a lot of opinions towards him.  

I appreciate you wanting to throw racism into the picture when it comes to criticism of him and his play but you my friend are the one bringing up the color of his skin not me. His performance and attitude over the past year have been dogshit at best and that’s all I’ve said. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I appreciate you wanting to throw racism into the picture when it comes to criticism of him and his play but you my friend are the one bringing up the color of his skin not me. His performance and attitude over the past year have been dogshit at best and that’s all I’ve said. 

He can't even stay healthy for a season going on the DL multiple times in some years.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Again you are reading something that wasn't said.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again you are reading something that wasn't said.

You quoted my message talking about many wanting to target him because he’s a loud, black man. Nowhere in any post did I once say that about him nor is there any post in my years of posting here ever once bring up skin color or anything remotely close to that. So surely you can see where I might take it as you throwing me in with that group of people you speak about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some posters here appear to dislike Sox players, Sox management, Sox owners, and Sox fans. Not sure why they bother posting. Going after players that you don't even know on a personal basis is ridiculous.

I like the line-up this year as it stands now.  I think Eloy, Robert, TA and Vaughn are going to have monster years. Just enjoy the game and don't waste energy on getting personal with players, managers, the ownership, etc. Too much useless energy was expended on that last year.  At the end of the day, you are just another fan. Never forget that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

You quoted my message talking about many wanting to target him because he’s a loud, black man. Nowhere in any post did I once say that about him nor is there any post in my years of posting here ever once bring up skin color or anything remotely close to that. So surely you can see where I might take it as you throwing me in with that group of people you speak about.

He's a saint you aren't simple as that. Should be used to it by now from him. You read into things . He never does. He'll try to cancel you out by innuendo and guilt by association .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

If I meant you, I would say you, it is that simple.  

I am not going to speak in code here.

15 minutes ago, tray said:

Going after players that you don't even know on a personal basis is ridiculous.

You say this and then immediately proceed to give YOUR taek on players that you also "don't even know on a personal basis".

This place will get real quiet if only friends and family of players are allowed to comment.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If I meant you, I would say you, it is that simple.  

I am not going to speak in code here.

Quick with the tough guy response…So what was the purpose of that particular part of your message, why mention that in any post related to what I said other than to stir the pot /create this story that really was never mentioned in the first place. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Leury

Moncada

Kelly

Moncada

Grandal

TA7

Eloy for lack of discipline about his craft

Tellingly, all of scapegoats over the disastrous 2022 season are non-white except Joe Kelly...

The biggest scapegoat of them all, TLR, is white. People are making this into a race thing when it really isn't. 

Edited by ron883
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Leury

Moncada

Kelly

Moncada

Grandal

TA7

Tellingly, all of scapegoats over the disastrous 2022 season are non-white except Joe Kelly...

Weird, here I was hating massively on TLR and Hahn and was getting it wrong.  Leury would have been third on the list, by the way.  So I'm not sure where you came up with your list, but I'm sure there are many others who would blame the first two I mentioned more than anyone you listed.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Leury

Moncada

Kelly

Moncada

Grandal

TA7

Kopech and Giolito would be on that list and to a degree Engel and Pollock.  Kelly would make that list because of Hahn and TLR's stupidity.

Anderson wanted to be in the spotlight and for the second time in his career personal issues seemed to hamper his performance.  He seems to want to dictate when the spotlight is to be on him and overlook when he struggles.

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Like 1

Eloy is a monster hitter who takes his hitting seriously. he studies pitchers during games to determine their tendencies and looks at his swings on an i-pad after his at-bats. He is just a kid at heart and his enthusiasm for the game can be infectious.

Moncada looks too relaxed and even lazy to some because of the way he carries himself but as a third basemen he is as quick as a rattle snake snaring rockets and turning them into outs. He has disappointed us as a hitter but let's hope his bat speed and good eye for the strike zone come back this year.

TA's swagger is part of what makes him great. Never forget that walk-off against the Yankees in the FOD game.

Grandal had some of that confidence before his injuries. Let's hope he regains it and we see him hit some shots out of the park and do his patented bat flip/drop.

I hope the Sox prove some of the critics at large wrong this season but even more than that, I hope they jump back on the bandwagon. All aboard. Let's Go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kopech and Giolito would be on that list and to a degree Engel and Pollock.  Kelly would make that list because of Hahn and TLR's stupidity.

Anderson wanted to be in the spotlight and for the second time in his career personal issues seemed to hamper his performance.  He seems to want to dictate when the spotlight is to be on him and overlook when he struggles.

I will agree on Hahn/Pollock.

Although he was never meant to be a RFer.

4 hours ago, tray said:

Some posters here appear to dislike Sox players, Sox management, Sox owners, and Sox fans. Not sure why they bother posting. Going after players that you don't even know on a personal basis is ridiculous.

I like the line-up this year as it stands now.  I think Eloy, Robert, TA and Vaughn are going to have monster years. Just enjoy the game and don't waste energy on getting personal with players, managers, the ownership, etc. Too much useless energy was expended on that last year.  At the end of the day, you are just another fan. Never forget that.

I hardly ever agree with you, but I do here. Well said. 

As it pertains to Tim - being a professional athlete is hard. Tim clearly has a difficult time blocking out the haters. I think I would too, so I feel for him. Baseball is a game of failure and he’s generally been a successful player, but it’d be easy to let things get under your skin in todays social media age. Just ignoring thousands of people talking s%*# about you publicly cannot be easy.

At the end of the day, you put a mic in front of a guys face long enough with a largely disgruntled fan base looking for anything to jump on, he’s going to say something that could be misconstrued. I think that’s all that is happening here. 

Here’s to hoping Tim and his teammates shut up the naysayers on the field this season. As others have said, the organization has put its players at the front line of its defense, and that simply isn’t right. But there’s nothing but winning that will cure it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

As it pertains to Tim - being a professional athlete is hard. Tim clearly has a difficult time blocking out the haters. I think I would too, so I feel for him. Baseball is a game of failure and he’s generally been a successful player, but it’d be easy to let things get under your skin in todays social media age. Just ignoring thousands of people talking s%*# about you publicly cannot be easy.

At the end of the day, you put a mic in front of a guys face long enough with a largely disgruntled fan base looking for anything to jump on, he’s going to say something that could be misconstrued. I think that’s all that is happening here. 

Here’s to hoping Tim and his teammates shut up the naysayers on the field this season. As others have said, the organization has put its players at the front line of its defense, and that simply isn’t right. But there’s nothing but winning that will cure it. 

It seems to me that the White Sox have a history of playing better when they have a bit of a chip on their shoulder so yes hopefully they shut the naysayers up, as you said.

As far as Tim is concerned, I am pretty sure this will be his last season on the South Side, with Montgomery knocking on the door.  If the Sox look anything like last year, I expect Tim gone at the trade deadline this season with Elvis finishing the year at SS again.

7 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I actually don't see GIO getting the smoke he deserves from our fan base for his disaster of a season last year.