Barstool Baseball Presents: A Conversation With Chicago White Sox Shortstop Tim Anderson.

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

I actually don't see GIO getting the smoke he deserves from our fan base for his disaster of a season last year.

Lucas xFIP last year 3.66, which is basically right on his average from 2019-2021.  He was absolutely murdered by our OF defense.  Vaughn and Sheets probably cost him double digit runs.  I can see all the misplays replaying in my head.  Now, Lucas did take a step back and obviously needs to bounce back, but we cannot underplay how much poor defense really hurt his ERA. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lucas xFIP last year 3.66, which is basically right on his average from 2019-2021.  He was absolutely murdered by our OF defense.  Vaughn and Sheets probably cost him double digit runs.  I can see all the misplays replaying in my head.  Now, Lucas did take a step back and obviously needs to bounce back, but we cannot underplay how much poor defense really hurt his ERA. 

Do I dare point out that Kelly also had a fine season per his FIP? 

13 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's a saint you aren't simple as that. Should be used to it by now from him. You read into things . He never does. He'll try to cancel you out by innuendo and guilt by association .

Exactly, southsider2k5 is never wrong in his own mind.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
d
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

SS2K5 is always the smartest guy in the room. He is right and you are wrong regardless of the topic. That is what he believes at least.

Thank you, and I thought I was the only one who thought that way.  I tend to ignore him, which I tried to do already but you can't ignore administrators on this site.

• Thanks 1

Telling any player to shut up and play is so dumb.  They have media in their face asking questions.  Sure, TA could decline some interviews like the 2 he is getting torched for currently, but it is a part of their job.  

Its one thing if a guy is going on and on about politics and non sports related stuff, but dude is talking about getting paid and fan discontent.  So what.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Comparing TA to Lebron here is laughable. People tell Lebron to shut up for making social and political commentary. Here some one is saying TA should shut up about whinging about his contract and other ego derived general stupidity 

I'd say it's pretty comparable. "Shut up and play, unless you're saying something I agree with."

I'd prefer to hear players talk and show their personalities while saying things I may not agree with, rather than have them robot style giving cliché responses or not talking at all. 

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He can't even stay healthy for a season going on the DL multiple times in some years.

2022 White Sox record with (starting AL All-Star shortstop) Tim Anderson in the lineup: 42-37

2022 White Sox record without TA in the lineup: 39-44

He's a truly exciting player when healthy. And last year was an anomaly for him: he averaged over 500 at bats each year from 2017 to 2021 (with the exception of the shortened Covid year).

That "he can't stay healthy" trope is beyond lazy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is your account name related to the MD basketball player?

No, it refers to Walt "No-Neck" Williams, my favorite White Sox player from the 60s. Only 5-feet-6, but he had a motor that had to be seen to be believed. He always hustled ... Loved watching him play back in the day: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/williwa02.shtml

• Like 2

Sometimes I like the guy, sometimes I don't. He's a fine player, but he's also not a star I build a team around. 

I treat him like Willy Adames with the Brewers. I'm all for putting our best offer forward sometime this season and if he declines, then let's trade him. 

I take this approach with Giolito too. Offer him your best and then trade him when he says no. I'd be much more willing to stretch for Gio than Anderson. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Thank you, and I thought I was the only one who thought that way.  I tend to ignore him, which I tried to do already but you can't ignore administrators on this site.

When politic threads were around or anything that has to with politics, you cannot have another opinion than him or you are racist or a bigot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waltwilliams said:

2022 White Sox record with (starting AL All-Star shortstop) Tim Anderson in the lineup: 42-37

2022 White Sox record without TA in the lineup: 39-44

He's a truly exciting player when healthy. And last year was an anomaly for him: he averaged over 500 at bats each year from 2017 to 2021 (with the exception of the shortened Covid year).

That "he can't stay healthy" trope is beyond lazy.

From the White Sox media guide (these are only the times he was hurt bad enough to be placed on the disabled/injured list, not counting other times he missed games but didn't go on it)

Sprained right ankle (6/26-7/29 2019)

Strained right groin (8/1-8/10 2020)

Strained left hamstring (4/5-4/21 2021)

Strained left hamstring (8/29-9/13 2021)

Torn finger ligament (8/9-10/5 2022)  

And we haven't even gotten into his suspensions and fines that have caused him to miss games.

I posted that Tim should shut up and play didn't mean he didn't have to right to speak his mind on anything. Sometimes I just don't like what he says. Obviously, he can say what he wants about anything.

From the first time I saw him play years ago, I was convinced that he had a world of talent and the Sox were lucky to have a short stop like him. In 2021, he was a real sparkplug. Last year, he appeared distracted for whatever reason. I think Tim still has the potential to be a real superstar. I just don't know if it will happen. It would be a shame to have potential wasted, and I think that is very possible.

22 minutes ago, Highland said:

I posted that Tim should shut up and play didn't mean he didn't have to right to speak his mind on anything. Sometimes I just don't like what he says. Obviously, he can say what he wants about anything.

From the first time I saw him play years ago, I was convinced that he had a world of talent and the Sox were lucky to have a short stop like him. In 2021, he was a real sparkplug. Last year, he appeared distracted for whatever reason. I think Tim still has the potential to be a real superstar. I just don't know if it will happen. It would be a shame to have potential wasted, and I think that is very possible.

Well, he has a funny way of negotiating for an extension. His agent must be pleased at his loquaciousness

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

When politic threads were around or anything that has to with politics, you cannot have another opinion than him or you are racist or a bigot. 

He's much less "woke" than Balta...and he does tend to lean rightward on the majority of finacial issues, so it balances out more or less.