2/25 Game Thread - Padres @ White Sox, 2:05 PM CT, NBC Chicago

Heads22

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Colas got jammed trying to inside out the first pitch. 

A listened to an interview with Kelenic on local sports radio the other day and he said one of the things that he struggled with was that you don't necessarily want to be looking inside out as a starting point for your swing. He said he had to learn the difference between that and "keeping your hands inside the ball" which doesn't necessarily mean the same thing.

4 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Who is this Ramsey dude

Position: Relief Pitcher

Bats: Right  •  Throws: Right

6-9245lb (206cm, 111kg)

Born: July 16, 1996 (Age: 26-224d) in Oklahoma City, OK us

Draft: Drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 23rd round of the 2018 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK).

High School: Putnam City North HS (Oklahoma City, OK)

Schools: Newman University (Wichita, KS), University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)

Full Name: Lane Austin Ramsey

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

A listened to an interview with Kelenic on local sports radio the other day and he said one of the things that he struggled with was that you don't necessarily want to be looking inside out as a starting point for your swing. He said he had to learn the difference between that and "keeping your hands inside the ball" which doesn't necessarily mean the same thing.

Harold working with him as a sports psychologist?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Harold working with him as a sports psychologist?

Apparently Kelenic (and I didn't believe this for a second) had never been properly coached in the offseason.  That is the gist of what he was saying, including about his new swing approach. Honestly my impression from the video is that Kelenic is a headcase and will be at best a platoon OF over the course of his career.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Apparently Kelenic (and I didn't believe this for a second) had never been properly coached in the offseason.  That is the gist of what he was saying, including about his new swing approach. Honestly my impression from the video is that Kelenic is a headcase and will be at best a platoon OF over the course of his career.

He always made me think of Jeremy Reed for some reason due to the over hype and coming from a non-traditional baseball state.

JR Birthday Party today...one year closer to the end of regime change.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You've been Caulfield'ed.

I now have my own third person verb, wow...that's almost as good as one of Benetti's delayed drum roll music and tv jokes from the 80s and 90s, with even late 70's disco thrown in to appease Stone Pony.

Well, today it was Rage Against the Machine.

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Robbie is so good on college hoops.

Well, just like Sox fans feel like umps are always out to get them, Hummel 85-90% is seemingly on the side of Iowa opponents.  He's fine, but Bardo has always been much more complimentary.

Also, pretty confident Jackson Merrill vs. Colson Montgomery as the next great SS in baseball will be a very legit discussion by July.

And this one hurt...watching Jose Abreu in an Astros' jersey.  Just wiped out 33% of Ron813's schtick.

https://www.mlb.com/video/abreu-s-first-spring-training-ab?cp=MIXED&p=0&q=PlayerId %3D [547989] Order By Timestamp DESC

Edited by caulfield12