2/25 Game Thread - Padres @ White Sox, 2:05 PM CT, NBC Chicago

Heads22

Some thoughts:

- Mieses is friggen huge 

- Every regular looked at a much better weight

- Cronins control isn’t amazing but has swing and miss stuff. Andrew Perez is so close to putting it together but still makes so many mistakes. Not sure it will ever happen with him. But man he looks the part.

• Like 1

Only one game in, so I reserve judgment on all players/prospects but as of now...I think Sheets has a shot at making the 26 man roster, especially after looking at Colas who looks like a linebacker more than a baseball player.  Eloy looked like he was running well considering the hamstring surgery last season. Junior (Luis Robert) looks like he will be back to form this season. A lot of rust to be shaken off by all the players after a long off season.

23 minutes ago, tray said:

Only one game in, so I reserve judgment on all players/prospects but as of now...I think Sheets has a shot at making the 26 man roster, especially after looking at Colas who looks like a linebacker more than a baseball player.  Eloy looked like he was running well considering the hamstring surgery last season. Junior (Luis Robert) looks like he will be back to form this season. A lot of rust to be shaken off by all the players after a long off season.

That's all well and good, but...

They are currently on pace to go 0-Spring Training.

We suck again.

Wake up and smell the Coca~Cola already.

doomed...😥

Edited by Bossanoveralls

42 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

That seems like a judgement not in reserve.

I reserve judgment on his baseball talent but not on what I saw out there in terms of his body type. He looks like a big kid, that's all I am saying. There are plenty of players who carry a lot of weight/muscle mass that have been great. I just need to see more games to see how he runs and swings the bat.

• Thanks 1

For me the biggest highlight from yesterday was the fact that some of the WS players actually looked fit and slimmed down for this season, that must help with injuries. 

The lowlight (if that word exists) was seeing Yas try and run the bases!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tray said:

They need oh-fence so your prediction has merit. They could employ Sheets as DH/1B against tough RHP. Hoping to see more of Colas too. Today's game will replay at 7: 05 pm on MLBN.