2/27 GT Mariners vs White Sox, 2:05PM CT, NBCSC, ESPN1000

Tnetennba

• Tnetennba changed the title to 2/27 GT Mariners vs White Sox, 2:05PM CT, NBCSC, ESPN1000
15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jerry Narron?  Cairo?

Zero Haseley talk this year so far.

Below zero.

It was Narron.

And yeah. Haseley isn't really needed with the various roster moves, so unless he tears up Charlotte I wouldn't expect to see him.

The Mariners have big bats in Julio Rodríguez and Teoscar Hernández, a platoon situation between former Sox fan favorite AJ Pollock (for declining his option) and SoxTalk's/Harold's very own Jarred Kelenic and an athletic utility outfielder in Sam Haggerty...and just signed former Sox FA target Kole Calhoun on Friday.

Next, I know former Roy Kyle Lewis was traded to AZ...same fate for Taylor Trammell?

Nope.  (Former Top 30 Milb prospect would merit a look by Sox if the wheels somehow fell off due to key injuries and a prospect/suspect trade could be consummated.  Boatload of defensive talent and athleticism...swing and miss issues galore, though.)

Crowded OF picture even with Haniger to SF as well.  Doesn't even count Dylan Moore as super utility.

Edited by caulfield12

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Looks like Cairo, Menechino and Narron out of work for now.  McEwing to Cards' bench coach as favorite/prodigal son returns to Cardinal Nation.

Edited by caulfield12

Nine years flashed by quickly...leaving Leury the longest tenured somehow.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-abreu-makes-astros-debut-at-spring-training

“A lot of things were,” Abreu said when asked what was weird. “The colors of the jerseys were weird, the climate here in Florida is a little bit different [than the Cactus League] and a little bit weird and obviously, new teammates I’m just starting to get to know, but very fortunate and very appreciative of where I am at right now. It’s just the beginning.”

As for Leury, Alex Rios trade seems like TWO decades ago...KW outsmarting himself going with ability/potential over actual performance.

Edited by caulfield12